“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro of Santa Monica

Bistro of Santa Monica
2301 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404-2040 (Santa Monica)
310-453-5442
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro of Santa Monica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 514 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cross street: 23rd Street
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food was not 5 Star, but the service and ambience were for sure. We would recommend for a really nice place to eat. We didn't get a chance to try it again, it could have been an off day for the food, or maybe the wrong choice. Give it a try though very nice people and facility.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Date Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Everything you want for a date or dinner for 4. Elegant vibe. Quiet but not stuffy. Great place to chat and sip. Valet parking made arrival easy. Nice Bar. Very friendly and helpful service - timely but definitely not pushy. I just let them guide me from wine list to dessert. We had specials, which were wonderful. Get the bread pudding for sure. Menu looked good, too. Everything tasted great. Open Table for reservations.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel a lot and this place is walking distance from my remote office.

I went there one day just to kill some time while waiting for a friend. He ended up being really late. (LA traffic).

Ordered some food. And it was awesome.

Here is what I think you should get if its your first time:

Spaghetti meatball + coke.

They'll bring you some bread.

Then you're going to get a food coma; but don't worry, they make a mean cappuccino

If I had to complain: I wish it was busier. They are a cool place but I like crowds. Granted, this was a wednesday late lunch. So I dont know.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bakersfield, California
“Nice ambiance, great service disappointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The bistro has a nice ambiance with nice table settings and a classy bar with a piano no less. The service was excellent and the waiter went above and beyond to serve us. Friendly and outgoing. Unfortunately the seafood dishes we had (3 of 5 plates) were not fresh and rather seemed to have texture and bland flavor as though it had been frozen. The manager was very apologetic and comped a desert but we honestly expect better from a restaurant strongly selling seafood. Bread pudding desert was excellent. My veal Marsala was good but not great. Maybe the beef dishes would have made for a better culinary experience.

Visited December 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The level of professionalism and ambiance at the Bistro is hard to find these days. From the wine selection to the steak, I enjoyed my dining experience at the Bistro. Servers are knowledgeable, polite and friendlyLive piano and an open dining area added even more enjoyment to the evening. Bread pudding is the best!

• Visited November 2013