“Great burger and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Description: The Burger Lounge ethos is to create a great tasting burger you feel good about eating - "to do a common thing uncommonly well." It starts with 100% fresh single source American grass-fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. We provide a simple menu that appeals to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply "hankering for a great hamburger."
“Great burger and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I stopped in Santa Monica to get a quick lunch. We wanted burgers and found this place and we were glad we did. I had a turkey burger which had really good flavor. And my husband's classic burger was also very good as well as the fries. The service was very prompt and friendly and they even come around for refills and to clear plates.

Centreville, Virginia
“Gluten free options for burger enthusiasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Always looking for gluten free options, we discovered this Santa Monica location, one of a chain that originated in San Diego in2006. The burgers are made from organic beef and the seared ahi was perfectly cooked both deliciously surrounded by a gluten free bun for which there was no extra charge. The fries were crisp and non greasy. The line of customers was out the door and the seating was limited, but the service was friendly and the ice tea unlimited.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, California
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sadly, I was not impressed with this place. With so many burger places in the area, I thought I would try the Burger Lounge to see how it compared. Upon arrival, it seemed more of a fast food place than most others which I was not expecting. The order process was pretty easy, my boyfriend ordered first then I followed asking for a burger in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. Unfortunately for me, my burger arrived on a bun which I had sent back. When it arrived back at my table, there were two pieces of lettuce on the plate, then the bun, then two more pieces on top. That's not a wrap! The lettuce was flimsy too not the kind you normally get with a burger wrap. There was no way to pick it up so I ended up using a knife and fork. And, they must have reused the patty from the initial plate they gave me because there was just a slight taste of the sauce they normally use. They didn't even bother to add more sauce.

I am always up for trying new places but this place failed in my opinion. There are better burger places out there.

Visited December 2013
Ennis, Ireland
“Best burger for a long time if not ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place was a great find, freshly made burger, fries and onion rings. The homemade lemonade was to die for. Will be going back again when next in Santa Monica.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recommend burger lounge any time.. really organic.. good price and best food ever. But I dont like the onion rings that much