“Veggie or Not… Worth the visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Chicago, Illinois
“Veggie or Not… Worth the visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I love Real Food Daily. At first I wasn't a huge fan but It's grown on me the past year.

The staff working here is extremely helpful, nice and knowledgable about the menu and health choices.

The atmosphere is very chill, welcoming, kind of a "welcome home, you're family" feel

Food, Flavor & Favorites...

Cesaer Salad. Another refreshing salad with their lettuces, great flavor from the dressing and a nice crunch from the croutons. I got mine without the capers because they creep me out (they look like eggs) and added kalamata olives instead. This is the best cesaer I've had in the 10 years I've been vegetarian, the closest to flavor I've had from the real thing and it filled the gap where I've missed it.

Cornbread: The kentucky girl in me loves cornbread.. and this hits the spot. It's completely different from what I had growing up (hot, airy, buttery, buttery, with extra butter) but it's still fantastic! You'll get a cool, not heated but i'm curious how it is heated, piece of bread, good portion... with plenty of texture with the added corn, it's pretty hearty so it can be counted as a side easily. You get the choice of two spreads... either Carrot Ginger, Tahini Miso or the combo of both. It took me about 7 visits to determine which I liked better, because they're both good, but Carrot Ginger is the winner!

BLT Wrap: UNREAL. I'm obsessed with this wrap, very filling and the flavors and textures blend perfectly. I love the kick of spice in the sauce in the refreshing lettuce and spinach wrap and the realistic facon... kid you not, taste just like bacon, or from what I remember.

I'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado
“Super healthy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I loved that there was a vegan restaurant in Santa Monica, and enjoyed the food. It is pricey compared to other restaurants, but everything is organic. My son and I both had the Ceasar salad which had capers on it, making it too salty for our tastes. I would ask for the dressing on the side next time, as well, since it had more than we liked. The side of tempeh bacon and avocado made my salad really good overall, but my son refused to eat his, prompting us to have to drive through an In-and-Out Burger on the way home (sigh). My husband liked but not loved his Mediterranean bowl. We ordered some millet bread as a side to our salads and loved it. We did not take the advice of our server to get the Quesadillas and a woman at the next table did -- her meal was huge and she raved about it. Next time, we're getting the Quesadillas.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Beach, California
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Incredible menu, great flavors, and a nice variety of dishes to choose from. Our server (a young man) was pretty distracted and seemed to be running all over the restaurant while not being very attentive to us, but the food was incredibly good. A woman (manager?) asked how everything was at the end of our meal, so that was a nice touch in light of the sub-par service.

We'll definitely be back -- delicious food!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“One of my favorite restaurants in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ok, so I haven't eaten at every restaurant in the world, but I have eaten at many fine restaurants in Europe and North America, and Real Food Daily is my favorite. I wish they would open a restaurant in my town, except I would probably never cook again.

The food is so tasty and you feel good after eating. I also love how they can accommodate food allergies (my daughter loved their gluten free, soy and dairy free pizza...first time she has ever liked a gluten free crust). My absolute favorite is the sea vegetables, so I often order the real food meal, but everything I have ordered there is great. Service is great too. They have expanded since the last time I was there, but the ambience is still lovely and unpretentious...given that it is one of the best restaurants in the world! Even when we were staying in Anaheim we made the drive back to Santa Monica just so we could eat there again.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, tn
“Delish vegan fare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing dinner at rfd. I couldn't decide what to order from all the amazing choices! I ended up ordering the burrito(wet) and the hubs ordered a veggie burger. I thought his was ok-he liked it but we both agreed that my burrito was one of the best meals we had eaten in a long time! Possibly the best restaurant meal ever. Their tempeh bacon is out of this world! I wish I had the recipe!!!

• Visited September 2013