“Great Food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Veneto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pier Ave. & Marine St.
Houston, Texas
“Great Food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal, the staff and atmosphere. Was suggested by our hotel (Shutters on the beach) and they couldn't have been more right. We would suggest this restaurant for anyone looking for something special....hidden gem if you ask me.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sherman Oaks
“Freshest Seafood so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was really in the mood for seafood. I started with the calamari salad. Everything was perfectly cooked and tasted incredible. I still can’t seem to get my scallops to taste right when I cook at home, but these were awesome. Not to mention, the calamari was not chewy….. It’s just a great combination altogether. For the main course I ordered the spigola, their fresh fish on special. Impeccable. My waiter Carlo was very sweet and convinced me to order dessert (okay, so there was no convincing) I went with the panna cotta. Honestly, it was so good I wouldn’t mind coming to Via Veneto for this alone. Can’t wait till next time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Armed with a recommendation from our hotel concierge we dined at this fine restaurant. They modified the menu to suit our taste and the Syrian sea bass fillet was like butter smooth. Just wonderful and attentive staff. Worth the tip!

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“the best meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stephania took care of us here! I can not say how delicious and fresh everything was! This was indeed one of the best Italian meals I have had in a while.
The place is small but you feel right at home in the bustling atmosphere. So many things to choose from and it was all top notch with wonderful staff!!
Mille Grazie
p.s. try the daily ravioli!!!

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“An experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Were it not for the company dime, I probably wouldn't dine here, but it was a gastronomic delight! Table for 7, and we decided to go "family style." The server had so much to tell us about the specials, that I wondered why they even have a menu. We started with cheese, olive, grape and date platters: delectable; red and white wines were served; then we were served a tasting of homemade raviolis: pumpkin, lobster, asparagus. We all thought the pumpkin was the unexpected winner. For entrée, two of us had the grilled brazino. Others had pasta, lamb, steak--I cleaned my plate. The portions were also well measured (not skimpy) considering what we'd already eaten. For dessert, we couldn't decide on the gelato flavors so we ordered all six, as well as the amaretto dessert, tiramisu and another I can't remember. We all dug into them. I was satisfied, not stuffed. Ambiance and service were superb. Fabulous dinner!

• Visited April 2013