“Great Sushi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi Roku

Sushi Roku
1401 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)
+1 310-458-4771
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Roku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 594 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd. and Ocean Ave.
Houston, Texas
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Good sushi, but a little expensive. The waitress made us feel like we werent glamorous enough for her, but she was still helpful and service was great!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The sushi here is amazing, and the service was really good! It is a little bit pricey, but well worth it. The restaurant is a little bit loud, but not horrible. Overall, if you are a fan of sushi, you must go to Sushi Roku!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Fun, busy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Highly recommend the salmon carpaccio - pricey but delicious! All of us, including our 12yo picky eater, loved everything we ordered.

Visited August 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Good sushi and desert at a cool place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Visited for the second time and would go for a third time. We had a varity of sushi rolls and they were very good. Not the best I had, but very good. The atmosphere is very upperclass and the service is good. As the desert we had the cream bulee and this one was much better then I expected, it was really really good. So yes a nice place to visit when you are over in Santa Monica.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Overpriced Decent Sushi with Unprofessional Waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Perhaps is just this Asian waitress with the extra short skirt whom I won't name after careful thought. She was more of talker than a listener. At a pricey joint like this, I expect more from the waiting staff because, 20% was far too generous for such poor service.

If you happen to read this, we are the couple who had a 7:00 reservation on July 12th, and were seated in the last booth table in back by the window. After we sat down, she asked my husband what he wanted and then walked away without even greeting me or looking at me or asking me what I might want to drink. Then the drink came; she served us our bottle of sake, and then chatted up with my husband about the menu and if we are familiar with this place without looking at me as I was looking up from the booth in hope that she might acknowledge my presence. Nope, as she turned around and took 2 steps out, I raised my hand to ask her for green tea. No apology given for her misstep. (Left me thinking perhaps that I looked frightfully ugly or intimidating or something...). Minutes later, the other couple joined us for our reservation. So we ordered Omkase, which we normally do when at a reputable sushi place. So courses of platters came, and she explained what they were. Food were over all good, but the bitter experience makes the taste of the food bitter. Would I go back, maybe. If I do I would certainly request a different waiter should she happens to be assigned to our table.

• Visited July 2012