“Different Menu” 4 of 5 stars

310-392-9025
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chinois on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Chinese, Contemporary, Eclectic, International
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Texas
“Different Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Reservations a must. We had them so no problem, as we were seated right away and the service was excellent. The menu is quite different, but this is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant and one of the oldest. As the menu is served family style we had a variety of starters all different from the norm; Sautéed Dungeness crab cakes with Louisiana shrimp, warm mushroom salad Lobster lemon grass sauce, Tempura ahi tuna sashimi with fresh uni sauce, Szechuan pancakes with stir-fried duck, mushrooms and cilantro . For entree I had the Grilled Szechuan beef with spicy shallot cilantro sauce, and my spouse had the Grilled salmon with black and gold noodles, lemon basil vinaigrette. Also got to meet Chef Rene Mata who explained a little about the restaurant and its history. In all a very enjoyable evening

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Good food; service could improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had heard some great things about this restaurant and had to see for myself what the whole deal was about eating here.

I made a reservation a few days in advance and turned up on my own with a book I was reading as my only company. The food was good and certainly managed to tantalise those tastebuds with a variety of flavours.

The waiter however was terrible. He needed lessons in manners and service and shouldn't have looked so miserable throughout the whole evening. He tried to make me feel rushed so I bought another beer to occupy the table for a little longer. If the establishment is trying to portray a level of austerity, then it has failed miserably. It perhaps is not as good as it thins it is.

Visited August 2012
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Amazing Dinner ... and you may even meet Wolfgang.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was here with a group of 6 coworkers and I could not tell you what we ate, but it was a lot of food and everything was delicious! Wolfgang Puck was there and came over to our table. At first he thought I was Guy Fieri cause I was wearing a silly hat with blonde hair sticking out of it. Wolfgang was a good sport and took some pics with us. It made my night.

Yes, it was great that I was in town on business and not paying for dinner, but I would definitely recommend this place and I would certainly go back!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What a disappointment...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a hyped up mess of a restaurant. The only above average part of this restaurant was the decor (nicely done for Christmas). Food was a total disappointment. I was expecting great food, especialyy at the prices they charge. Limited menu that is heavy skewed towards duck. You feel rushed from the moment you sit down. The appetizers are delivered to you within a few minutes of placing your order. The wait staff is overly attentive, to the point where I had to insist they stop taking plates awat until everyone was finished eating. The wait staff will also tell you that the restaurant is 'family style' which would be great. However this meant that they bring main entrees to your table over a 10 minute period....overall very disappointing.

y was the food a disappointment but some of our main course entrees came out 5 minutes apart. When I asked what was the delay, I was told that the restaurant is 'family stayle' and the

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Clarita, California
“Orgasmic!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The food melts in your mouth!!! Is better than sex. Very lively, service is excellent. You need to go at least once a month!!!.

• 5 of 5 stars Food