“So good, it made me wish we were locals.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Italian, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
N.California
“So good, it made me wish we were locals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Amazingly fresh pasta. Great variety of specials and make your own menu items. The staff was friendly with good service and made some helpful recommendations. Nice vibe to the place even though the street is kinda sketchy. An all around great restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Italian spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We picked this spot specifically because of reviews. A quick 3 Block walk from our hotel. Went early and were lucky that there were several tables available as we heard to expect wait. Quick friendly servers, the fritto misto was wonderful, make your own pasta was great for kids, we enjoyed atomic pasta and the sausage lasagna. Finished with chocolate cake. Literally could not move and struggled, in a good way, to finish meals. Quick, inexpensive, friendly, family and date oriented. We will be back, loved it.

Visited February 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“Perfect ender to a wonderful LA stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our friends recommended Fritto Misto, and since we'd stayed with them for our visit, we took them out to dinner there. Wow. We shared plates. The big salad is great, good selection of greens and other plant munchies and lightly dressed. The fried calamari is superb. Everyone got different things and they were all tasty. I recommend the artichoke and shrimp gnocchi, my entree. I tasted them all and still liked mine the best. Great vibrant atmosphere but not overwhelming. You can still have a conversation without shouting. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mission KS
“Great pasta at a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were starving after a long day of travel and wanted a low key place close to the hotel and this was perfect. This reminded me of the little Italian neighborhood restaurants in NY--tables close together, low frill decor, but really tasty food. I had one of the vegetarian options--Pillows Creamy Pesto--a pasta with a radiator-type texture filled with basil and ricotta in a creamy pesto sauce. So, so good. Warm bread and butter were provided shortly after seating. Service was pleasant and efficient. I want to try other places in the area but would definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hermosa Beach, California
“One of Our Favorite Local Resturants in Hermosa Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

All meals can be made with julienne vegetables instead of pasta and as a Clincal Nutritionist this is a great option for me and my clients. The staff are fabulous! They know up by voice (placing take out orders) and they treat us well when we walk down and eat there as well. They go out of their way to make the regulars feel like family. Food is excellent! The chicken marsala and misto salad are out of this world! My family love the ravioli including chicken ravioli (need that protein) and lobster dill ravioli that is a special if you ask. They even will come out to the curb and bring your order since parking can be tough on a "party night" as there are many bars down there. Thursday through Sunday can be very busy. We do take out usually on those nights. The wait staff are all amazing as are the managment and owners. The chicken marsala can be split between my husband and I or I can make 2 meals out of it. Ravioli portions are not as generous (our 11 year old needs the adult meal and usually wants more but it is pasta so that's to be expected). Salads are great to share too.

Visited January 2013