“Cute” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Olde King's Head

Ye Olde King's Head
116 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401-2202 (Santa Monica)
310-451-1402
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Oslo
“Cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very special, cute, well implemented, British store. Great for gifts, souvenirs etc. They have a very good selection of British goods and gems.

Visited December 2013

Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Great UK Bar in Santa Monica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have visited this bar many times over the last few years and have always been impressed, this year surpassed all.

We celebrated the UK new year at 4pm local time in 75 degree heat with bag pipes Big Ben Countdown, Thames Fireworks etc. It did seem a little strange that the whole place was buzzing from 1pm.

We were a party of four and had a great meal, great service, great drink, great atmosphere! Thanks for a great way to see the new year in, the warm up for midnight local time :-)

Will be back next time I am in town.....one last thing, great traditional english breakfast.....

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A few pints?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wanted to get a pint before our tour bus picked us up. The place looked nice. We were seated, but after 15 mins, no one came back to take out order. We had to catch our bus, so we left ....very disappointed.

Los Angeles, California
“Fish 'n Chips are Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

When I visit the King's Head, I order the queen-size fish and chips (which I never vary) and a pint of beer (which I do). When I go, it's almost always a weekday at lunchtime, and it's rarely crowded (though never empty).

The ambiance is nice: well-maintained English restaurant and pub, decorated as you'd expect. This is not a knock—I dig the Churchill painting over the fireplace, the vintage beer posters, the dark wood and leather seats. Service is prompt and friendly, not hovering but keeping an eye on you. Proper. Bar selection isn't insanely extensive, but it's more than adequate.

What keeps me coming back, though, is the fish. Something about their recipe (I think it's the breading) makes the fish here like an entirely different kind of food. I mean this in the best possible way. It's what I ordered the first time I came in the door, and I can't remember ever trying anything else. It's addictive, and it's one of my favorite things to eat in LA.

I hear their shepherd's pie is quite tasty, and they do a mean English breakfast, but I don't care so much. Just keep bringing me that fish.

Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Moritz, Switzerland
“Authentic Pub Flair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Really liked this place even though its nothing special. Food and service is good, the beer is alright too.
Too bad that the outside seating is right next to a bar, at least where we were sitting, so it gets kinda noisy with all the people standing out there to smoke. But other than that its a good place to go.

• Visited October 2013