“Fantastic Seafood Restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Seafood Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We came to this restaurant by chance, as one of the other reccommended restaurants in the area was fully booked. This was our last night in the US after having spent 3 weeks driving Route 66. The food here was an awesome way to finish off our trip. We had an excellent raw fish sharer, which we were told was the latest delicacy to hit LA. For main, we shared one of the platters, which was superb! Pricey to be honest...but worth it and as expected in LA.

Visited September 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Great Selection of Seafood - a Little on The Expensive Side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant is right on Ocean Avenue facing the ocean. Great selection of seafood. The portions are huge and they have an extensive selection of oysters. some people might find it a little bit on the expensive side

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I ate there over 4th of July weekend and we sat outside overlooking the ocean. The staff did a great job serving 10 people and you are able to bring your own wine for a corking fee. The food was fresh and very flavorful. My only disappointment was the small amount of Ahi Tuna on my salad...with the high prices you are paying for a nice restaurant, I would expect more seafood and less salad. The flat-bread was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“Ocean Avenue Seafood is closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

According to my sources, this unethical business has closed. They were indifferent to their customers & managent issues. An obscure manager deleted a transaction of eight $50.00 gift cards. I received one of the cards and tried to use it. The server announced the zero balance in the middle of King's Fish House, like I was trying to cheat the restaurant. Ocean Avenue Seafood did issue a new $60.00 card, without apology. I used it @ 555 and did not go alone. Selling multiple meals with one card may be beneficial, but they lost my business; and I patronized King's for ten years.

• Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good dinner, not wowed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nine of us went to Ocean Ave Seafood on a recent business trip to Santa Monica. On the plus side, it was one of the few places were a group of our size could be seated immediately for dinner, although I'm not sure if that was a good or bad sign. The menu was fine, if not somewhat expensive, and I was interested in the swordfish special until they mentioned that it was made with some kind of Japanese spice. I opted for the swordfish risotto, but unfortunately, they mistakenly brought the special. They were very apologetic and offered to bring me the risotto if I didn't like what they had brought, but after trying the special, I was really glad that I could still get the risotto. It was frankly inedible - but that could be because I'm just not a fan of that spice. I few people had the sea bass and really liked it, and overall, I would say everyone had a good dinner (the risotto turned out to be very good). However, for what it was, it was overpriced, hence the overall average rating. Good place for big groups especially without much notice, but not the best overall value.

• Visited February 2013