“yummy shrimp tacos” 5 of 5 stars

1251 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Loteria Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arizona
Description: have been there twice.
Los Angeles, California
“yummy shrimp tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love Loteria! I've eaten at their original Farmer's Market outpost as well as their Hollywood branch but this was the first time at Santa Monica. I am obsessed with their shrimp tacos and was not disappointed at all at their newest location. Obviously, the shrimp tacos are my favorite but a close second are the papas and chorizo tacos.

Visited November 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Happy Hour Value on the Promenade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Highly recommended for strightforward very good mexican food and drink right on the 3rd street promenade. The chicken nachos were a superb value at $6 during happy hour, teamed with $3 imported Mexican beers and the street theatre of Santa Monica in front of you make for a great early evening experience. Very helpful staff.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vada, Italy
“Good mexican food on the Promenade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Loteria is a mexican grill located right in the Promenade walking area. The décor is very interesting, as the name of the restaurant suggests: pictures associated to particular numbers of the Loteria (I really like the borracho, the drunk!). I had a margarita, a chile relleno and a cake. The service and the food were pretty good, although I think a little bit pricey.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Royal Oak, Michigan
“From the heart of Mexico - yuppie style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I was walking by and saw the authentic-style Mexican tacos and had to try some. These are far pricier than they would ever be in Mexico or even my native Detroit, but for the Santa Monica Promenade, it's reasonable. They have a variety of meats and cooking styles from different parts of Mexico - certainly more than I've ever seem in one place and I can vouch for the authenticity. Service was excellent and I had a nice chat with the server about some of the styles and the regions in which they originated. If you don't know a lot about Mexico and the fact that these are authentic styles from different regions doesn't seem important, you may not appreciate it like I did. My only request is that they include a lime and a choice of salsas like in Mexico. That would be perfection.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Great Mexican after Shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Visited July 11th. Located right on the shopping center walking area. After half of day shopping my favorite time of the year-- the summer sales, we wanted a good Mexican meal. After checking around-- made reservation here. We did not feel like driving around looking for a place to eat, because our hotel is within walking distance. This area of Santa Monica offers a myriad of options. With 2 tweens in tow, we were warmly greeted and shown to our table in the back. The front of the restaurant looks fun-- lots of people. Sat down to an awesome house chips and dips. This is the best I ever tasted salsa. Still trying to figure out how to make that smokey bean salsa dip. It's a combination of roasted ingredients along with beans-- it's creamy and has the right touch of spice and seasoning-- not over salty. Would have ordered a jar to take home if I was heading home that night-- but we were on vacation. Anything tequila is required; we ordered the Loteria Margaritas-- que bueno! For some reasons, we got different one each time we ordered-- 3 different orders. Not complaining, it was nice to try them all. They were made the Mexican way--- heavily boozed!!! Felt like I was in Cancun again. Ordered nachos with shredded beef to feed the hungry kids. Having chowed down enough chips and nachos, I only ordered the beet salad- nothing special. The daughter ordered the angel hair pasta-- not recommended; she did not end up eating it. Son had the pork tacos-- got the 2 thumbs up. Hubby ordered the samples of mini tacos-- more 2 thumbs up. All in all-- order the traditional Mexican dishes; you can't go wrong-- AND skip the pasta and salad! For where it's located, the price is expected. So walking back to hotel after the double drinks and the heavy meal was a wise one for the health. Worth a return..

• Visited July 2012