“Really great mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Santa Moinca
Blue Bell, Pa
“Really great mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently went here with my family and had a great experience. We were late for our reservation but were seated at a communal table immediately. The food was outstanding. For my kids though the tacos were very spicy. Without saying a word the manager appeared with a non spicy dish for the kids because he could see they were having a hard time with the kick. It was really a great overall experience and the kids and I had a excellent meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Mexican food California nouveau. Amazing flavors, beautiful presentation. Unlike any Mexican food around. Service was EXCELLANT. If you don't like noisy rooms, ask to be seated upstairs. Drinks were perfectly blended....try the blood orange Margarita....

Los Angeles, California
“Best Mexican restaurant. Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A friend recommended this restaurant, so I thought I would try it. I was in heaven. The carnitas and carne asada were the best ever, which is too bad because I was going to eat less pork and beef in the new year, and now Mercado comes along with grub this good. Warning about the double dip duo appetizer. It is fantastic and generously sized, but it will fill you up. Ah, get it anyway, it's that good. We ended the dinner with flan, which they bill as the best in the universe. I haven't tried the flan on other planets, but this is a spectacular one, especially with the sauce they put on the side for you. I can't wait to go back. Love this place! Oh, and the service was excellent too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Monica, California
“Hmmmm, delicious food & margaritas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been here a few times with friends and have never been disappointed. The food is awesome and margaritas fantastic. I definitely recommend the dip duo, dos gringos and the carne asade. The only downside is that the place is quite loud but we find during the week is better. We also find that the booths upstairs are good if you want to be able to have a conversation without shouting...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Park City, Utah
“Good but loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Make no mistake about it, this is a place worth suffering through the close confines and the loud noise to get to the food. The menu is limited but excellent. The guacamole is about as good as you'll find anywhere....even you're own homemade. And the night I went there I had very good service. All in all, this place is def worth a trip. If I lived in LA I would be regular and I would bring earplugs with me.

Visited November 2012