As a surprise for my sister's turning 60, I thought the perfect place to stay for our Santa Monica get-away would be the Viceroy. The reviews on this site were mostly positive and the "professional" photos looked fab. However, I was utterly disgusted! I should have taken a known while seating next to another guest checking in w/ a 150 pound Mastiff dog, that something was not as advertised.
I paid $490.00 for a double, ocean view room, and for that premium I was not expecting to walk into clone of a Holiday Inn Room. The room smelled of a combination of dirty pet, smoke, old carpet and mold. The TV cabinet had some gross and white all over the front of it, the "balcony" was simply an fancy guard rail in front of the sliding glass doors.
I called down to the front desk and requested another room, in the mean time, the maid came and sprayed something (air freshener) under the beds. Unfortunately, the management could not come up w/ an acceptable replacement room (they did show me one other room w/ one bed on the back side of the hotel, which was just as dingy), and since this get-away was a gift to my sister, an expensive gift, so I chose to not stay and requested a refund.
Six years ago I stayed here and I loved it, but obviously the last years of party going, dog loving patrons has definitely taken it's toll.
One positive: Andrew the Bellman. He was fabulous...fabulous!
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Otel, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.