“My new favorite place to stay in Santa Monica” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Early, Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
“My new favorite place to stay in Santa Monica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

As a break to my 2 week consulting job in Santa Barbara, I drove down to Santa Monica for a bit of R+R and fun. My stay was awesome in every way-facilities. I had the best pool day, along with enjoying almost everything the hotel has to offer (next time I am booking a spa treatment!) I was actually sad when I had to head back north. Thanks, Viceroy for making my weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
aMMazing,
The pleasure was all ours. After working 2 weeks straight we can imagine you'd need a little r+r and fun. Thank you for thinking of us for this and allowing us to take care of you. We have a chaise deck by the pool with your name on it next time you need a break. Thanks again.

Matt Shough, Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here as the last leg of our honeymoon and by no means were we disappointed. The reviews are pretty much spot on with what previous travellers have said. It is perfectly situated to be a stones throw from the beach, local transport links and the pretty awesome area of 3rd street promenade. The service is what you would expect from a 5 star boutique hotel in the area and the interior is luscious (was being updated again when we were there, in a very non-intrusive way and can't wait to seen how they could possibly make the place even cooler than what it is :-))

Our room was of a good size and furnished with quality decor, we also had a gorgeous view of the beach. The bed was verrrrrrry comfy!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the viceroy and rounded off an absolute dream of a honeymoon. We loved the viceroy and Santa Monica in general and cannot wait to visit again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
oggyscutt,
First allow us to again congratulate you and your new bride. We're so happy for you that your honeymoon was a dream and glad that we could end the trip with a wonderful send off. We do hope we can have you both back soon to see the refreshed restaurant and lobby. We hope maybe for an anniversary to come. Until then thanks so much for joining us.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Viceroy is one of the finest and coolest boutique hotels you will ever visit. I have stayed at this property several times and am always delighted.

The first thing you will notice once you step inside is the decor - very Miami Beach chic! Vintage chandeliers painted gloss white, chartreuse green and gray wall coverings. Doesn't sound so good when I write it but boy does it work. The lobby is classy but casual. There is a nice bar off the lobby which is a very happening hot spot on the weekends. Local people and guests mingle here for the great atmosphere and fine food. The crowd is couples and singles 30+ years old.

The restaurant is one of the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. My recommendation is the roast elk and just let your server pair the wine that is in your budget.

The rooms are mini suites with the same contemporary decor as the rest of the hotel. Very stimulated and minimalist. Not stuffy, just perfect. Great bedding, very clean and ocean view rooms are worth the extra fare.

There are two fantastic eateries right across the street. A wonderful Italian restaurant and a quaint outdoor cafe serving a robust and unusual breakfast that you don't want to miss. Make a reservation at the Italian restaurant for a romantic dinner and expect to wait for a table at the cafe.

The Viceroy is a unique experience that is sure to impress that special person in your life!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a romantic ocean view towards the end of the floor. The staff is very accommadatin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
J T,
Thank you for your continued loyalty, It is truly our pleasure to have you return with us again and again. We are glad that we can continue to delight you. And we think your description of the decor is great. so don't second guess yourself. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

After 4 weeks of traveling this was my last stop before a long haul flight home to Australia. A simple check in process, friendly staff and ideal location made for a wonderful stay.

After being away from home for a while the simplest if things make for an enjoyable stay, after working a quick work out in the well appointed gym (which overlooks the pool and garden area) I went for dinner at the hotel restaurant. While the restaurant was busy (I didn't have a booking) the staff found me a great table that managed to feel warm and relaxed in such a busy bustling spot. After traveling for so long you can very quickly get sick of the semi prepared meals that many busy places do. I was so please that my order was process quickly and to my delight the food was fresh, well balanced & enjoyable.

I left after 2 night very enjoyable nights and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: i had a room on the busy street, however this was still quite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stephen G,
We consider ourselves fortunate to play host to the end of your long journey. Glad that we could help end it on a high note. Thank you for recognizing the talent of our culinary team. They strive to provide a untraditional hotel dining experience and we love hearing you enjoyed this. We hope to be your home away from home on any future travels. Thanks again.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was first class. Located close to the ocean and walking distance to just about everything cool in Anta Monica. The pool area is very chic and intimate. Service first class. A little on the high end ($350++) but we thought it was worth it given the location. Don't be fooled by their front appearance. Pretty ordinary. It's what is inside that matters. Would return.

Room Tip: We had apologies view. Liked it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dps_Sedona,
We are so pleased that we were able to offer you a pleasant surprise. One of our favorite things is the surprise a guest gets as they enter the hotel for the first time. Thanks for indulging us with this. We're glad to hear that your experience was first class. Thank you for joining us.

Carrollton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The property first and foremost is beautiful, clean and modern. We loved the pool area- gorgeous! Location was awesome as the hotel is within walking distance to the beach, 3rd street Promenade and several great restaurants. BUT what we loved the most was the service, service, service and that's what sets it apart. From the reception to the valet and especially the concierge (James was fantastic!) they made sure we felt like A-listers. Room service was quick, the food was delicious -both in the room and downstairs in the bar- and the valets were super! I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa B,
Thank you for choosing to visit us at Viceroy and for sharing the details of your experience. We're thrilled to learn that it was an amazing one. Thank you for recognizing our focus on service as we do believe our people are the number one thing that sets us apart. Thank you for allowing them the opportunity to take care of you. We do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Viceroy is beautifully designed - hip decor that feels really fresh - and fabulously located (only about a block from the soft sands of Santa Monica Beach). But, for me, what sets it apart is the exceptional service. During my stay, every staff member I interacted with was friendly and attentive, with many knowing my name after only a short while. In particular, I received exceptional help and excellent advice from Concierge James Vierra. He is incredibly friendly and demonstrated an exhaustive knowledge of the local area - nothing was too much trouble. He even came over to offer me a glass of water while I was waiting for friends in the lobby one day! I think this just illustrates what my entire stay was like - James, and everyone else, wanted to go that extra mile.....and all in such beautiful surroundings. Why wouldn't you stay here!? I chose a high floor room, which is great, and if you can push the boat out, go for the Ocean View side. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ocean view side, if you can....and a high floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
KinaF,
Thank you for such a lovely review. We say all the time that James the concierge is our superstar and your comments prove why we believe this. We are so please that he and the rest of our team welcomed you with open arms. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you with us and for your two thumbs up endorsement.

Matt Shough, Director of Rooms

Been to Viceroy Santa Monica? Share your experiences!