“Finally great customer service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Early, Save 10%
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Finally great customer service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have come to accept that even decent customer service is a thing of the past. Not at the Viceroy. Attentive, friendly and professional staff as well as beautiful, comfortable and well maintained amenities make for the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. I even spent 1 day sick in bed and felt right a home in a my large comfy king with advil brought right to my door. I highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
basel555,
Thank you for such a wonderful endorsement. Happy to see we could play a part in restoring your faith in customer service. As you can imagine service is what we are most proud of at our property and we are happy to see that you recognized this. We are sorry to hear that you were ill during your stay and hope we can welcome you back again soon when you are well enough to really enjoy your stay.

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights recently at the Viceroy Santa Monica on a pleasure trip. From reservations, check-in, quality of room, service and food it was outstanding. Great location made it easy to walk around Santa Monica area. Definite great choice in places to stay in the LA area. Staff was truly happy e were there and wanted us to have a great experience, which we did.

Tom B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience us. We are glad to hear it was an excellent one for both you and your wife. Ensuring our guests have a great experience is the reason our staff is here so yes they definitely were happy that you did.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I recently went to the LA area for our babymoon. We selected the Viceroy because of its location close to the beach and its modern style. We were very pleased with the service at this hotel. Upon our arrival we were served champagne (lemondae for me). There was a nice handwritten and personal note in our room with a plate of fresh fruit. The conceirge went above and beyond helping us find several restaurants that would fit my dietary needs. The parking is valet only, but with a quick text message, our car was ready in five minutes and the valets were very friendly and always offering to help with directions. The amenities at the hotel were very nice and the service was excellent. I would stay there again on our next trip to the LA area.

Nicole A,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your babymoon. As many of us know this celebration can be even more anticipated than a honeymoon. We are thrilled that you feel the staff gave you the pampering that new parents deserve. We can't wait to welcome you back maybe next time with the little on in tow.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great service. Amazing decor. Pool was great. I stayed here with my fiance' and we had a great time. Everything from the check-in to the sun at the pool was great. We ate down the street at BOA which is just about walkable. One of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: We had an Ocean view, I'm not sure if all of the rooms have one but obviously it is preferred.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JW1311,
We are so happy to hear of the wonderful experience that you and your fiance' had with us. Glad that you were able to both enjoy your time at the hotel and were able to walk and explore the rest of the city. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Haysi, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel all over the world and I truely enjoy and appreciate this type of Hotel Business Model. They know we are tired of the cookie cutter establishments. I have stayed at both Shutters and Casa Del Mar and they just don't get their clientel but the Viceroy uses just enough chic and class to make you feel special and important. I echo other commenters they have nice clean room (comfortable bed), great bathrooms, and provide top notch service. Example when you call guest services they greet you by your name. Requested a wakup call they actually call you and wake you up! No robots and then they said do you want a rewake up call in 15 or 20 min!!! When we checked in they talked to us asked us about our travels and really cared then they asked me what I wanted to do and made suggestions on what I could do and then set it up!! Real people really giving superior customer service.

MOJO_Haysi.
Thank you for your review and your appreciation of our business model. We do strive to be the furthest thing from a cookie cutter hotel and we're happy to hear you enjoy this. Thank you for also recognizing our staff. They do truly care about our guests and I know it means a lot to them to hear how special and important they made you feel. Thanks for sharing this.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I always stay at the Viceroy Santa Monica on business. It makes work become pleasure and I don't feel the jetlag. Thumbs up! Rooms are large and service absolutely perfect. Great atmosphere at the bar and patio! The restaurant is also very good and not too pricey. I recommend Viceroy over any other hotel experience on the ocean between LAX and .... San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ocean view or patio upper floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
stephane l,
Merci beaucoup for always choosing us during your travels. If we are able to make work a pleasure then we're definitely doing something right. Thank you for sharing you experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on many more visits.

Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I only have positive things to say about the Viceroy. Coming in exhausted from the east coast, I was given a glass of champagne at check in and lots of understanding from the exemplary staff. I had a terrific ocean view room with a great bed and a super bathroom. Marble shower with a bench seat and strong water pressure. Room was spotless and bright. Sliding glass door opened up to the street and the ocean breezes. A bit noisy with the traffic but not a big problem. The lobby bar had some interesting cocktails to try, along with an eclectic menu of tapas-style dishes, which were quite good. When I returned to my room, there was a voicemail message from a staff member asking to call them if I needed any help with printing off boarding passes, luggage, etc. very nice touch as they knew I was only there for one night. Strong complimentary wifi service. Valet parking was $35 per night which appears expensive, but then again this is LA. There was complimentary coffee in the lobby before 6am, and the breakfast served in the downstairs restaurant was excellent - fresh pressed organic juices and healthy options for main dishes. The juices and smoothies are brought in daily from a local provider, don't miss them. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is funky but very stylish, with lots of nice touches and a killer outside pool area. This is not a cheap hotel for the casual traveler, but as a business traveler or a discerning traveler not overly concerned with cost, you will not be disappointed. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Bodhi360,
We can't thank you enough for such a lovely review. It is fantastic to hear that you were able to enjoy so much of the hotel even though you were only here one night. Next time we hope you can stay a bit longer so we can really show you a good time. We look forward to it and will have a pressed juice waiting for you. Thanks again for joining us.

Matt Shough, Director of Rooms

Been to Viceroy Santa Monica? Share your experiences!