Stayed again at Viceroy following previously staying for the last night of my honeymoon a few years ago. I don't think I could stay here without guaranteeing an ocean view room. You cannot beat watching the sunset over the pacific with a cocktail from your room at Viceroy. The rooms at Viceroy are very comfortable and have such a brilliant, quirky, individual style with it's colour pallette of grey and green. I think they describe it as "colonial". Among the best rooms I've ever stayed design-wise. Bathrooms are marble and huge. Dining at Whist is a great experience with its oversived white leather upright chairs at table around the pool outside. The food was OK this time, but previously it was excellent. Its great to have breakfast here too. The bar was very busy, I think the hotel perhaps had a conference, as it was full of irritating corporate types. Cocktails are excellent. Service throughout the hotel is very good. Very friendly reception. At my last stay they were happy to let us use a room in the evening to freshen up before our flight, after checking out of the hotel at midday. It does take a while to get used to valet parking, especially when used to parking yourself and not having lots of staff rush up to your car, but this is LA and thats what happens here! Shame it also costs!! The hotel is just across the road from Santa Monica beach, a short 5-10 minute walk to the pier and 10-15 minutes to Santa Monica itself. Abbott Kinney Boulevard in Venice is a 10 min taxi ride away. Or walk up the beach to Venice and via the canals! Go! I can't wait for my next stay!!
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Otel, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.