Stayed again at Viceroy following previously staying for the last night of my honeymoon a few years ago. I don't think I could stay here without guaranteeing an ocean view room. You cannot beat watching the sunset over the pacific with a cocktail from your room at Viceroy. The rooms at Viceroy are very comfortable and have such a brilliant, quirky, individual style with it's colour pallette of grey and green. I think they describe it as "colonial". Among the best rooms I've ever stayed design-wise. Bathrooms are marble and huge. Dining at Whist is a great experience with its oversived white leather upright chairs at table around the pool outside. The food was OK this time, but previously it was excellent. Its great to have breakfast here too. The bar was very busy, I think the hotel perhaps had a conference, as it was full of irritating corporate types. Cocktails are excellent. Service throughout the hotel is very good. Very friendly reception. At my last stay they were happy to let us use a room in the evening to freshen up before our flight, after checking out of the hotel at midday. It does take a while to get used to valet parking, especially when used to parking yourself and not having lots of staff rush up to your car, but this is LA and thats what happens here! Shame it also costs!! The hotel is just across the road from Santa Monica beach, a short 5-10 minute walk to the pier and 10-15 minutes to Santa Monica itself. Abbott Kinney Boulevard in Venice is a 10 min taxi ride away. Or walk up the beach to Venice and via the canals! Go! I can't wait for my next stay!!
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viceroy Santa Monica beach hotel is ideally located near many of Southern California's most popular attractions, including Hollywood, beaches, museums, art galleries, world-class shopping, championship golf courses, and more for exceptional Santa Monica travel and getaways.Just steps away you'll find the Third Street Promenade, an open-air Santa Monica shopping area featuring live music, restaurants, and a diverse mix of retail shops. A few blocks south of the hotel is Main Street, with art galleries, cozy cafés, antique shops, unique jewelry stores, and other things to do.There's also the famous Santa Monica Pier, a Southern California landmark with the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, a carousel, carnival games and roller coaster. Ocean Front Walk is a paved boardwalk for jogging, rollerblading or biking-stretching south to the ever-eclectic Venice Beach.Discover why Santa Monica California has become the West Coast nexus of entertainment, arts and culture, packed with a wealth of unique and stimulating attractions.Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic to create a thoroughly modern and uniquely luxurious Santa Monica, California boutique hotel.Whether for business or pleasure, experience exceptional seaside living, luxe accommodations, exquisite dining options and the finest amenities at this Santa Monica, California beach hotel.Our luxury hotel in Santa Monica is custom-designed for both business efficiency and restful ease. Viceroy Santa Monica hotel room and suite accommodations combine a cosmopolitan approach and coastal atmosphere that comfort business nomads and leisure seekers alike with exceptional Santa Monica lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.