Having just finished 2 nights at The JW Marriott across the street my husband was reluctant to leave and try the Viceroy for our 3rd night. I had a special rate via email and insisted.
From the moment we arrived we were both blown away! Decor was superb & energizing. Staff was personal and welcoming - made us feel like we just arrived home. Complimentary glass of champagne awaited us.
Viceroy has an upscale boutique feeling. Entire hotel was spotless.
Stayed on the top floor overlooking pool. Room made good use of space, quiet, luxurious and what a comfortable bed!
Enjoyed cocktails/ appetizers in the bar, ate breakfast in Whist. Fantastic menu, well prepared food. Fairly priced for Santa Monica - pricey town overall.
Guests during our stay were mostly mid 30's to 60's (probably due to no DJ that night?).
Hard to find the hotel because there is no large sign posted, just small parking entrance signs. Not next to the promenade but a short 3 minute cab ride.
When visiting family in town this will become our new "home-away-from-home"
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viceroy Santa Monica beach hotel is ideally located near many of Southern California's most popular attractions, including Hollywood, beaches, museums, art galleries, world-class shopping, championship golf courses, and more for exceptional Santa Monica travel and getaways.Just steps away you'll find the Third Street Promenade, an open-air Santa Monica shopping area featuring live music, restaurants, and a diverse mix of retail shops. A few blocks south of the hotel is Main Street, with art galleries, cozy cafés, antique shops, unique jewelry stores, and other things to do.There's also the famous Santa Monica Pier, a Southern California landmark with the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, a carousel, carnival games and roller coaster. Ocean Front Walk is a paved boardwalk for jogging, rollerblading or biking-stretching south to the ever-eclectic Venice Beach.Discover why Santa Monica California has become the West Coast nexus of entertainment, arts and culture, packed with a wealth of unique and stimulating attractions.Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic to create a thoroughly modern and uniquely luxurious Santa Monica, California boutique hotel.Whether for business or pleasure, experience exceptional seaside living, luxe accommodations, exquisite dining options and the finest amenities at this Santa Monica, California beach hotel.Our luxury hotel in Santa Monica is custom-designed for both business efficiency and restful ease. Viceroy Santa Monica hotel room and suite accommodations combine a cosmopolitan approach and coastal atmosphere that comfort business nomads and leisure seekers alike with exceptional Santa Monica lodging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Jetsetter, Agoda, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.