Having just finished 2 nights at The JW Marriott across the street my husband was reluctant to leave and try the Viceroy for our 3rd night. I had a special rate via email and insisted.
From the moment we arrived we were both blown away! Decor was superb & energizing. Staff was personal and welcoming - made us feel like we just arrived home. Complimentary glass of champagne awaited us.
Viceroy has an upscale boutique feeling. Entire hotel was spotless.
Stayed on the top floor overlooking pool. Room made good use of space, quiet, luxurious and what a comfortable bed!
Enjoyed cocktails/ appetizers in the bar, ate breakfast in Whist. Fantastic menu, well prepared food. Fairly priced for Santa Monica - pricey town overall.
Guests during our stay were mostly mid 30's to 60's (probably due to no DJ that night?).
Hard to find the hotel because there is no large sign posted, just small parking entrance signs. Not next to the promenade but a short 3 minute cab ride.
When visiting family in town this will become our new "home-away-from-home"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica