We had a concert last weekend at the Hollywood Bowl and stayed at the lovely Viceroy Santa Monica. We were happy with sophisticated design and mellow vibe. Jonathan Adler with a darker velvety twist. Little touches like the ice water with lemon on the patio do matter when you are in LA. So many similar boutique hotels in LA of the same age have that worn out appearance, but it seems they have kept this property up nicely (except for the pool and patio which seemed a little dated and weathered). The check in was maybe the easiest I have ever experienced, none of those long disclaimer papers to sign, just, here is your room key, have nice stay (but no champagne like my last stay a year ago). The hands off approach was noticeable throughout our 3 day stay, so nice not to ever be bothered by maid staff or turn downs and the like that endlessly bother you at most hotels. By day 3 it actually seemed like no one even really noticed we were even guests there, so maybe this LA detached vibe went a little far. Was not too impressed with Whist the restaurant on site, middle of road and expensive, not at all on par with other amazing local restaurants like Rustic Canyon or Tar and Roses. With so many talented chefs in Santa Monica and Venice you would think Viceroy could attract one of them to open a new restaurant. Location was great and easy to walk and take short cab rides to pretty much anywhere. The beach is a short walk away too. Would have been nice to be offered a chair or two and towels or umbrella for the beach but alas, we had to borrow some from Shutters. Viceroy is a great place to stay for so many reasons, but hoping they make it even better in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Otel, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.