We stayed at this Hotel for our long weekend vacation for 2 nights. They offer a glass of champagne to each guest on arrival. My room package included 2 complimentary drinks voucher for each day of stay which was wonderful. We were a little early for our check in and they took care of everything by providing a room. Wonderful big room and bath with nice décor.
Nice upmarket hotel.
Good crowd in evenings
Short walk to the beach.
Half mile to Santa Monica pier and 3rd street Promenade.
Excellent service and courteous staff.
Very knowledgeable concierge desk staff.
Good for a couple on vacation.
Not a huge property, two small pools. That too closes very early (5:30 PM) to accommodate evening parties as they don’t have enough space.
There is no step out balcony in any of the rooms as advertised. It is more of a ceiling to floor window which can be opened. There is a railing outside on which you can lean but absolutely can’t be called a balcony.
Not good for small kids. The bed has very sharp edges with no head boards.
Coffee table is made of thick heavy glass and is not secured properly on the base. My 2 year old daughter accidently pulled it to ground and almost broke her toe (Thank god the glass landed little sideways).
To add to this, the ocean facing rooms get horribly hot during late afternoons (Due to direct sun). I called maintenance to check and they only apologized but couldn’t do anything. The AC was running at full steam. The vent was showing temperature 66 f and the room was at 80 f. The ACs need to be upgraded. The front staff didn’t even bothered to check back with me.
Nice upscale hotel to stay if you don’t mind spending little extra. Not great for small kids but good for couples on splurge vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Otel, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.