We stayed in July for a few nights. Staff were pleasant and rooms were comfortable. We upgraded upon checkin for an additional cost to a junior suite, however found out later in the evening that the sofa bed hadn't been made up. Bedding supplies were brought up but we were left to make up ourselves. The bathroom was huge and had nice toiletries to compliment.
The room had views of the ocean which was nice but there are other hotels in Santa Monica that offer better views/access to beach. It was nice to be able to open the windows to get fresh air as well. The rooms were noisy with rowdy guests easily echoing to the rooms. We were a little disappointed as we were promised complementary champagne on arrival but never received. We noticed other guests received theirs so not sure why we were forgotten. The pool area was relaxing but could get busy particularly as the weather was good.
Overall a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica