“Attentive service and great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viceroy Santa Monica

You added Viceroy Santa Monica to your Saves list
Viceroy Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1819 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Attentive service and great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at the Viceroy in May this year for a work conference. From the start the staff was extremely attentive. I requested a room on a higher floor and the front desk person was extremely accommodating. The room was chic, clean, and comfortable. The bartender at the beautiful bar downstairs was friendly and knowledgeable. The parking attendants were also really nice and always fetched my car quickly. I've stayed in other "trendy" hotels where the staff seem too cool to help you. But at the Viceroy I had one of the best business travel experiences I have had yet. On the day I checked out, the front desk even called me to warn me that there is a union strike at the airport that may cause traffic delays. Overall I would love to stay at the Viceroy again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Everyone in the Viceroy staff was very nice to us during our 2 night stay. We were given complimentary champagne upon check in and enjoyed three meals in their restaurant. Breakfast portions were huge and the waiters very attentive. Close proximity to the pier and the beach which made for a nice relaxing walk. Valet was quick and provided directions and suggestions for places to see or dine.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

If you want to sleep, don't stay at this hotel. The noise is so loud it is ridiculous and it goes past 1am. And my shower had long dark hair in it (not mine!). Gross.

• Stayed May 2012
laboy70, General Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your very brief feedback. The hotel has a DJ on the weekends which we have had for almost 10 years. We have last call at 1am and thus the music is off by then, occassionally it goes a little later. I am sorry about the hair that was found in your shower. I hope you would have mentioned this during your stay so we could have addressed it immediately versus here where we can do nothing about it.

I appreciate your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The ViceRoy is a great hotel! Very chic, hip hotel. It feels like you're at home. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is very clean. The staff is very attentive and great you by name. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012
FancyPancy-
Thank you and very happy you enjoyed yourself!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards
Tucson,Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I just stayed 2 nights at Viceroy and despite couple reservations, giving it a "5". First the negative-Can only valet and its expensive.$36.That's a lot even for California beach standards. My wife complained to me she heard couple in next room talking late into the night so walls could be a thicker. 2nd night no issues.Some pool cushions really need replacement. On the other hand, everyone we met was friendly and helpful. I know in this digital age its easy to know who a guest is when they call, but everytime I had contact w/ hotel, at front desk, the bar, the restaurant, the valet, they used my name in addressing me. Small thing but subconsciously its makes you feel special. We had forgotten pair of sunglasses in car and they went and got it. We enjoyed the pool service outside, the breakfast and late night drinks. Place had a good vibe and well assessorized. Would go back. Great location near pier and shopping

laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I do hope you can visit again.

As for the valet parking, yes it is expensive but not nearly as much as other cities, San Fran, Boston, NY all charge betwenn $50-90 per night. As for Santa Monica we are in the same ball park as our neighbors, Shutters, Casa, Loews. Space is limited in the larger cities and thus we need to rent lots elsewhere and pay someone else to park, retrieve and as well as absorb the cost of the insurance for it. It all adds up very quickly,.

Thank you and please come see us again.

Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I wish I had nothing but good things to say about this property, but as with most hotel stays there were highlights as well as drawbacks. Highlights: Beautiful lobby, champagne on arrival, nice lounge and bar area, nice bathroom amenities. Drawbacks: VERY noisy (could hear conversations and phone calls from the room next to ours), poor service at the restaurant and in the pool area. Next time I visit Santa Monica, I plan to try another hotel.

laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We take it for what it is and will use it to better serve future guests.

Regards,
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Such a cool hotel, it took my breath away as soon as we walked in the front door. Staff were amazing and so helpful - experianced the drama of realising I had lost my credit card some time during that day when I went to put it down as security deposit when checking in at the hotel and the staff were so helpful during this stressful situation. Glass of champagne on arrival is a treat!

Rooms were spacious and so wonderfully decorated. Pool area is beautiful. Bathrooms are a little bit small but they make good use of the space.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LucyOz-
Thank you and I particularily like the part about "taking your breath away." We can never hear that enough!

Please spread the word in Perth!! We love the Aussies!

Hotel Manager

Been to Viceroy Santa Monica? Share your experiences!