My husband and i stayed for four nights at the ambrose hotel Santa monica. It was a very unpleasant experience and we are not demanding guests.
To start with the positives:
- location was in a nice area but you need a car to reach nearby attractions such as the promenade and the pier
- the hotel offers free parking, apparently a rare thing in CA.
- room cleaning was very good.
- free wifi with good speed
- staff was welcoming but only at check in
Now things that went wrong:
- the hotel offers complimentary "breakfast" but food was scarce. There was yougart, one type of cheese, few bread, some blunt cakes, strawberries, coffee and two types of juice. The breakfast was held at the lobby with few uncomfortable chairs that some people had to stand up or take their food to the outside very cold garden. The fire place at the lobby was hot with no safety guard which was dangerous for my little girl who kept running towards it. Many guests were complaining about the lack of variety of food and the small inappropriate venue.
- furniture in our room was old but not ugly. The wardrob was so small it was difficult to fit our clothes in it.
- tv was so cheap we could hear echo
- staff could be arrogant. We asked for someone to help with luggage when we checked in, they reluctanty agreed to help. And we ended up doing it ourselves.
- the hotel is green. I get that but that is not an excuse to not provide tissues in the room or coffee machine.
In a nutshell, this is not a comfortable or luxorious hotel. At least not to us. It is not horrible but i would advise the hotel managers to be a little generous and not make guests feel deprived.
- Also Known As:
- Ambrose Hotel Santa Monica
- Ambrose Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambrose Hotel. Unique . Influenced by design, yet also inhabits the sights, sounds and tastes of its surrounding neighborhood. Your Place. That warm feeling of being at home. In fact, the last thing we want to do is make you feel like a guest. Because truth is, we’re guest’s in your life… sharing space . Of something bigger. A memory. A stay experience. Luxury. With it comes authentic service and a feeling that you’re in a special place quite unlike anywhere else in Southern California, Santa Monica… or , the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Ambrose Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.