“Fun casual spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #275 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: Since 1976 Perry's has grown from a single hamburger and hotdog stand to 8 bustling locations along the world-famous Santa Monica and Venice beaches and become a local institution frequented by generations of celebrities, tourists and locals alike. Since its humble beginning, Perry's has expanded its service to include beach, bike and skate rentals, beach butler service, the Legends Beach Bike Tour, catering and a full range of healthy and fresh cafe fare. Besides being the leading beach services operator in Santa Monica and Venice, Perry's is also the largest bike and skate rental company in California.
Lodi, California
“Fun casual spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went for a quick breakfast and rent our bikes. The breakfast was much better than I expected. I normally avoid burger joints but my husband picked it and that's where the bikes are. It was so nice to eat breakfast on the beach and the bike trail was amazing! It was so interesting to see the contrast of the lovely city of Santa Monica and the trashy Venice area. I was glad to get out of there. The sun and ocean breeze made for a perfect day for a bike ride. We came back the next day to ride north on the trail and so glad we did. It helped that it was off season and a weekday. All staff were friendly and helpful.

London
“Beach side cantina that's a local institution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've been here many times over the years. This is a beachside cantina serving almost anything you can rustle-up but to the uninitiated it's a burger and hot dog joint. Decor is a tad rough at the edges. But the menu is affordable and to be fair, the food served up is of a decent quality for what is effectively classic fast food.

The location is good, perched on the long stretch of beach that hugs the Santa Monica coast. It's a great place to watch the world go by. Adjacent to this cantina is the boardwalk (well concrete-walk) and cycle path, plus a few beach volley ball nets. So if you want to sit back at plastic table with umbrella, plastic chair and feet in the sand... imagine the beach boys are playing, glance up at the American flag proudly blowing with the on-shore wind, college hunks and bikini clad girls playing beach volley ball and you have the All-American Californian dream-scene playing out before you.

I am told this cantina is a local institution and judging from the years it's been going, it's probably true.

Also adjacent to this beach-bite eatery is a bicycle rental shop.

Visited September 2013
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

A good place to enjoy a bit of food or a cold drink when the sun is to hot ;) Good place to rent a bike aswell! :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Plain Dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It's unlike me to give such a bad rating but Perry's was simply dreadful (this the smaller Perry's not the larger one across the way).

The girl serving me had an attitude problem, it was as if the customers were interrupting her day. When I placed my order she barked at me if I wanted anything else. There was no thank yous, no politeness what-so-ever. She threw my food at me when it was finally ready.

I had to wait ages to get my order, which I was putting to being super hungry. But when people who arrived after me started to get their orders (some the exact same as mine) I started to get worried. No apology when my food finally arrived.

The food was overpriced and tasteless, I felt ill afterwards.

Maybe the larger Perry's was better.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“a wonderful rest with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This spot right on the Santa Monica beach is excellant for a bite and rest. The views are amazing and the food is cooked fairly fast. This is a walk up/pick up cafe and while the prices are typical of CA, the fair is extensive. Everything from Mexican to American. Everyone in the family will be satisfied. Unless its a very busy weekend, there is always a seat where you can enjoy the ocean and people watching. We love visiting this little Santa Monica treasure.

• Visited February 2013