“Love, love, love it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 172, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)
+1 310-593-8300
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Chicago
“Love, love, love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I can't wait to have time in Santa Monica so I can head over to True Food Kitchen and have their Thai dish.
On this visit I had an amazing chicken noodle soup that reminded of the fresh recipe at my cook Angela makes at my home in Guatemala. My friends agreed that that is a big compliment for any restaurant.

Visited March 2014

Georgia
“Should be one every 30 miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is how food should be appreciated, prepared, and then served. Even the decor is conducive for a nice dining experience. In January, I visited, a couple of times, a True Foods in Denver, and was thankful that this one was so close to my Santa Monica hotel. Both nights, I left the restaurant appreciating my experience.
I had the black cod one night and the winter ingredient salad the next. Both were excellent. The chia pudding was recommended by a friend; I had it both nights for dessert.
One night, I sat in a comfortable chair at the "first come first serve" community counter which also had good service.
True Food Kitchen is wonderfully forging new ground in the restaurant business! It's long overdue!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“So Good We Went Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We visited TFK (twice!) when staying in Santa Monica in January 2014. For both visits, the restaurant was very busy but we were accommodated quickly by the very friendly staff (on the second visit, we chose to sit at the bar and eat there).

Both of us were really impressed by the quality and freshness of the food on offer. Whilst there are some slightly pretentious offerings (it is Southern California!), there was no doubting how tasty everything we ordered was. We make a point of trying to find different places to eat on our travels - but we couldn't resist a return visit.

If only there were more restaurants like this in the world!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guatemala
“So fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you are into healthy and gourmet, this is the place to go! The portions are pretty big, super fresh and everything I tried tasted amazing!
Highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited March 2014
Orange County, CA
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My visiting friend picked this place for dinner and I was not sold on the menu or atmosphere but agreed anyway. He got the margherita pizza and a cucumber lemonade while I went for the beef street tacos.

Pizza was not bad, but his cucumber lemonade was completely green and tasted a lot more like juiced cucumber with a bit of lemon than lemonade with some cucumber. He wasn't a fan. My tacos, however, were quite amazing. The beef was extremely tender and juicy. It was not quite enough to fill me up so on the way home I ate 2 slices of my friend's leftover pizza but I do admit that I am a pretty big eater, even for my small size.

Inside decor was clean and modern and service was friendly. The high rating was mainly for the tasty tacos I received. The rest was pretty much average.

• Visited March 2014