“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shore Hotel

You added Shore Hotel to your Saves list
Shore Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Early Bird Gets The Worm!
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel is in a great location and very modern. We probably could have stayed somewhere which was a little less expensive since we used this hotel mostly as a base and spent most of our time on the beach.
I can't fault the hotel for their service, this was excellent. During our stay my Husband was unwell and we needed to call the Doctor, the hotel arranged this for us.
The Rooms were very nice clean and a decent size. Our room overlooked the beach which was a nice view.
It's a short walk to the beach as well as the shopping area and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Stephield82,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your husband was ill during your stay. But I am glad to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and our staff was helpful. Please let us know when you will be traveling to Santa Monica again as we would love to have you back! Thank you again for being our guest!

Best Regards,

Christina Maranon
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Arabic first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We drove in and was met by Wayne in the valet, who got us set up. We were a little early and the room we'd wanted wasn't ready yet so we went for lunch at the blue plate taco and hit the beach. As other people have noted you're not on the beach it's a short walk to the sand, and a bit more to get to the sea.

We got an email saying the room was ready so we went back to check in, which was a speedy process and we went to the room with a glass of champagne.

Luggage was handled by TC, a throughly excellent member of staff who got us orientated.

The room itself is nice but feels a little small, especially the bathroom which could do with a towel rail. We didn't find the glass shower a problem, but it would have been better to have the toilet in another room, there's nothing sexy about watching that...

We were on the fourth floor premier ocean view room which gave a great view of beach and with the door closed the street noise was not noticeable.

Another problem with the room was it was impossible to get anything dry, if you're taking towels to the beach there's nowhere to hang them to dry out and you're discouraged from hanging them on the balcony for image reasons. The dampness seemed to permeate the room after a couple of nights and the AC couldn't shift it.

The onsite breakfast is weak, Jinky's around the corner was the best option, can't think of anything on site for snacks other than the minibar.

Definitely a bit more kid friendly then we were after and the pool was very noisy.

If we visit Santa Monica again it'll be on the shortlist.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear toneb,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I foremost wish to apologize for the shortcomings you encountered. I do understand the difficulties in having room to lay out towels and other belongings, and we have recently taken measure to correct these issues by purchasing towel racks for our balconies.

I further wanted to thank you very much for your business and ask if when your travels ever bring you back if you may reach out to me directly or our hotel reservations manager Bobby Cooley. I'd very much like the opportunity to personally oversee your stay and ensure your comfort. I'd truly like the opportunity to win you back.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay but felt that £300 a night is a bit pricey for what you get. Great location, nice little pool and clean hotel/rooms. Car park is a bit pricey. Rooms are average size, service is good, but we have had better.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear davebenson,

Thank you for your review of our property during your recent visit. I understood your comments well, and wanted to extend my name & that of our reservations manager Bobby Cooley. If you happen to create plans in the near future to return to Santa Monica, I'd very much like the opportunity to personally oversee your visit and further offer you a discounted rate. I know you have a choice of where to stay, and we truly appreciate you coming to visit. All the best, and I hope your travels onward were safe & seemless.

Best regards,

Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

When I wanted to plan a surprise birthday get-away for my daughter this summer, I did a lot of research. When all was said and done, I chose the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica -- and I couldn't have made a better choice. More importantly, my daughter and her three friends couldn't have been happier!!!
Mary, the hotel's wonderful concierge, helped with the "little extras" to get the room ready for the girls so they'd have an extra special welcome and stay at the Shore Hotel. Since I live half a country away, Mary took care of putting everything together for me, making sure everything was set up nicely in the room so my daughter and her friends had the welcome for which I was hoping.
The room was lovely, luxurious, comfortable. The staff was extra friendly -- and I really don't think that had anything to do with the special occasion that was being celebrated. It is so welcoming to walk into a hotel lobby and be greeted with a warm, friendly "hello." That always starts out one's stay on a positive foot.
While I was not there, celebrating with the quartet of friends (and thus have no first-hand knowledge of the accommodations), I received a complete, thorough accounting of the girls' stay at the Shore Hotel. They loved it! And when asked if they'd ever stay there again or recommend the hotel to friends and family, they chorused, "Yes!" "Most definitely!" That alone told me I had made the right choice.
Thank you, Shore Hotel Staff, for making my daughter and her friends feel welcome. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mary -- for going out of your way to help make my daughter's 25th Birthday Celebration extra special when I couldn't be there to take the reins myself. You might say you were just doing your job, but it meant a great deal to me to have everything in such capable hands. Your suggestions were helpful; those little touches really do go a long way. :-)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MelindaW52,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience & your daughter's celebration update with us. I am so proud to hear our staff were helpful in creating a memorable experience for your daughter & her friends. We truly aim to make service something that comes from the heart. I do very much hope we can welcome all of you back in the near future. Thank you once more for your business. It is truly appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in September 2012 (it would only let me choose sept 2013 below) for 2 nights and absolutely loved it!
Most places in the area were booked out around this time and the Shore Hotel was one of the nicest ones we came across, although it's very pricey it was nice to splurge for a part of our travels.

Staff were very welcoming on arrival and presented us with a complimentary drink while we waited for our check in to be processed. We also had a hire car, parking was pretty expensive being $15 a day but even the car park was fancy!

There was an ice machine and vending machines in a closed in room on our floor which was good so it can't disturb people in the surrounding rooms. Instantly when we walked into our room we both said out loud "TRENDY!". The colour scheme and decor is gorgeous, the facilities were advanced and it was immaculate. There was a welcome gift and note on the table which was a nice added touch.

We thought it was cool that the bathroom has a massive glass window that is onto the bedroom so having a shower was an interesting experience, of course there is the option to bring the electronic blinds down for privacy.

The room was quite small but it's all we needed for 2 people and we spent our days exploring anyway so we were hardly at the hotel. Its location is amazing. It's not exactly on the beach, you can see the beach but directly across is road then the park then the beach. It's a little bit of a walk to Santa Monica Pier but we enjoyed walking and did a lot of it. We were able to discover cute restaurants and shopping centres nearby, some only a few blocks away.

The wifi worked really well in our room.

On our last night we made sure we took a dip in the outside spa as it was too cold for the pool. The spa was lovely, we wished we took advantage of it both nights to enjoy some cocktails.

All in all I loved the Shore Hotel, a bit expensive for me as I had just come from a pageant but if I ever plan another trip to LA, I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the street/beach front. So much prettier.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ashiie05,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy that you enjoyed your trip and had fun exploring. We so very much appreciate your business and truly hope to welcome you back again very soon. Congratulations on the pageant!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at the Shore Hotel, as a family of four in a 4th floor Ocean view double queen room. Check in very efficient and glass of complimentary champagne was a nice touch to set the tone for the stay. Valet efficient although pricey. Room very smart, spotless, comfortable, and faultless. Would have been perfect for a couple, but with 2 adults and 2 teenage kids, it was tight. View out over pool to beach and Santa Monica beach and pier was fantastic, as was the location of the hotel. Would happily recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Santa Monica or looking to visit Hollywood, as the drive there and back was mostly against the LA rush hour, and therefore pretty good.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear DJWenzel,

Thank you so kindly for reviewing our property! I am happy you had a good visit and enjoyed your trip. We so sincerely appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

it was our 20th anniversary You have no idea how much we appreciate and value The kindness ,professionalism, outstanding courtesy and amazing TRUE customer service of Luis Flores
THANK YOU!!!!
we are speechless to all his kindness and being very helpful and supportive
if it wasn't for him we could have ended somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chicoma,

Thank you so kindly for sharing your comments about your recent visit. I am so happy you had a wonderful Anniversary and found our staff friendly & helpful. We so sincerely appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back again very soon. Once more, congratulations on your special celebration and thank you for visiting.

Adam Burke

Been to Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!