“Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shore Hotel

You added Shore Hotel to your Saves list
Shore Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Early Bird Gets The Worm!
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cos Cob, Connecticut, United States
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is nice and staff is wonderful. The price is good compared to others nearby. But the real attraction is the location. I was concerned it was too close the pier. But it is actually the best spot. The beach nearby is great. Lots of volleyball courts and the gymnastics stuff (you have to see it to know what I mean) on the beach was so much fun to mess around in. It is real close to the best part of the 3rd Street Promenade. There are lots of places nearby to rent bikes - don't rent from the one on the pier, it is the most expensive.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Darren R,

Thank you for staying at Shore Hotel and taking the time to write a review. Santa Monica has so many great attractions and nobody knows them better than our Concierge, Mary Strong. If you find yourself back in the area she can help you find more little gems.

Dir. of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Shore hotel and always find the staff really friendly and helpful. Alex on reception and TC the porter were really good to us the last time we stayed. Water pressure in rooms needs to be addressed though. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it trickled out. Apart from that the Hotel is great, awesome location and easy walk to lots of great shopping and Venice Beach. We will be back again :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AdambNZ,

We are so happy you found your home away from home while in Santa Monica! I apologize that your shower was not working properly. Please feel to reach out to me on your next visit and I will make sure the water pressure is comfortable.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My most recent travel was for work that required me to travel from North Carolina to California. My week in Santa Monica was absolutely booked to the hilt so, any glitch in transport or accommodations had the potential to derail the visit. Alex greeted me every morning in the lobby and was ready to assist me in any way he could. He was able to make sure that I had great taxi/town car service as well as helping me estimate time needed for travel. I was not late once.

Jake made sure I as appropriately caffeinated and ready to face the world. Truly, all the staff was wonderfully upbeat and genuinely wanted to help in any way.

I will definitely book my next visit there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Suzy H,

Thank you for the kind words about Alex and Jake. They truly are an asset to the hotel! We all are looking forward to your return.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great location in Santa Monica, funky rooms. They are on the small side but honestly I'd expect no different for this location. The bathrooms are funky, the shower head comes out of the ceiling and to make the room look a little bigger the shower has a glass wall to the rest of the room, very artsy look to it. Bu don't worry families, there's a curtain to draw down for privacy. The hotel is very green/environmentally conscious, which I like. There is a back tower not on the ocean street, it's a bit of a walk to get there, but hey I paid for a city view and a city view is what I got. Even though I overlooked a busy road, the sound protection was first rate. The hotel has valet staffed parking garage, and they just did a fantastic job with a very comfortable, clean waiting area, it is a clean as can be parking garage which speaks volumes for the hotel-- I only had to wait when I forgot to call down for my car ahead of time, it's nice they make it so comfortable.

oh yeah Kudos to Alex at the front desk, I was up and about early in the AM going for a run, and he'd always asked me if I needed help for the day's directions, he gave me the insider LA way to get around so I evidently avoided the worst traffic to get to Hollywood, U Studios, downtown, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
ncflyer99,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am grateful to hear that your stay with us was exceptional and that you enjoyed many of the amenities in the guest room! I will also ensure that Alex receives praise for the wonderful service he provided to you. I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you for choosing Shore Hotel!
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Yes I know that LA and especially Santa Monica is NOT A CHEAP PLACE
but the htel is definitely not worth its price
the only advantage is convenient location. Rooms are very simple (cheap pseudo-modern plastic chic), you have to pay extra for bathrobe and slippers!!!!
The interior was made by people loving concrete very much. For me - ugly. No breakfast room!!
Hotel is very simple, but simplicity in this case has nothing to do with beauty and style
previously I was staying in Shutters on the Beach and Casa del Mar hotel - there you can learn a lot about style, ambience and atmosphere!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Aga T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that you felt that you did not receive the value of what you paid for your stay. I would like to invite you back at a discounted rate to our property; to give us another opportunity to show you a great experience. I also wanted to mention that we are in the process of adding a full restaurant and bar that is scheduled to open Summer of 2014. Please let us know when you are in the Santa Monica area again as we would like to welcome you back. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at christinamaranon@shorehotel.com
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Upon arrival, my husband and I had an issue with our reservation (we had booked through a 3rd party reservation site) but the front desk staff was extremely courteous and patient while we got the issue resolved. They offered us a class of sparkling wine to take to our room, which had a beautiful ocean view and balcony. The room decor was lovely and modern, but still felt very comfortable. I was a bit concerned initially about the noise level since the hotel is right on busy Ocean Ave. and there is a bus stop in front, but with the sliding door closed it was surprisingly quiet. The only thing that struck me as strange is that they charge five dollars to simply use the slippers in the room. The location is perfect; literally across the street from the pier and easy walking distance to the beach and great restaurants. Also, the hotel makes a huge effort to be "environmentally friendly," which is a nice bonus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph H, Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Christy C,

We appreciate the kind review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to know our team stepped up and were able to provide you with a room suitable to your needs. Also, understanding the importance of providing a quiet escape when traveling we designed the rooms with glass that helps blocked out any sounds. As being a LEED Gold property our green initiative truly makes our property unique and we thank you for recognizing these features. Please join us next time your travels bring you to Santa Monica.

Joseph Heywood
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Recently I was at Santa Monica to celebrate my birthday. The Shore Hotel was wonderful.
Alex at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Tony Flores was very nice too.

My daughter and I enjoyed the pool every day. The view from my room was beautiful.

The front desk even sent champagne to my room for my birthday.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the premium rooms.