“A chic hotel in a nice position” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shore Hotel

You added Shore Hotel to your Saves list
Shore Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Early Bird Gets The Worm!
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oxford.UK
“A chic hotel in a nice position”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed for two nights for a break on route from Papeete to London.Hotel has a lot of glass so is very light and airey.
Our room on the third floor was very comfortable and looked out over the pool with the beach and sea beyond.No noise from either the main road or the Hotels pool below our room.
Within east walking distance of major US Department Stores also many places to eat and drink.
An ideal Hotel for a family holiday with the pier and it's attractions plus the beach so close.
Would stay again when in LA.

Room Tip: Nice to have a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
oldseadog_uk,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Shore Hotel! It's great to hear feedback from our guests regarding the amenities and location of our property. When your are back in the Santa Monica area please let us know! We would love to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Arabic first
Bourne, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I got lucky when my company put me up at the Shore Hotel. First, you can't beat the location - directly overlooking Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica Pier and the ocean. It's an architecturally interesting building that is LEED certified and is passionate about being a green business.

The woman who checked us in, Mary, was super sweet. She got to know where we were traveling from, gave us some restaurant tips and poured us each a complimentary glass of champagne. Everyone on staff from that point onward was very helpful and friendly.

The rooms are beautiful, modern and clean! The shower alone is reason enough to stay there. It's a glass shower that sees through from the bathroom to the bedroom. Of course there's a privacy screen that you can electronically deploy. Loved the bright color schemes in the room and the cleanliness. I had a great view overlooking the pool and the ocean. That's just by selecting "ocean view" in your reservation process. The pool sits in the middle of the hotel so rooms with an "ocean view" will overlook both the pool and ocean which is nice!

The bed was big and comfortable but I didn't sleep well. That's probably just me because when I'm away on business I tend not to sleep as well. Too much on the mind!

Speaking of the pool, I did get the chance to enjoy just before I left for the airport. Perfectly clean pool area with poolside service for drinks and food if you like. I loved the lighting in the pool area at night. It was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub in that setting.

Convenience is key for me - especially when traveling for business. They valet your car for free if you are a guest. If not, you pay a small fee but can still park there. They had ordered an early morning car service for me to get to the airport which was nice because I didn't have to hail a cab. There are plenty of cabs across the street if you choose to do that. The front desk will hold anything for you in storage including laptops, luggage, bikes, etc. Whatever makes it easier for you. Free WiFi is expected but still nice to take advantage of. There is an ATM in the lobby which I used a few times throughout my stay.

Food - there's an abundance of restaurants and food trucks right by the hotel. Blue Plate Taco is actually part of Shore Hotel but sits on Santa Monica Blvd. We ate there and had delicious tacos and salads. They put out a small complimentary breakfast offering of pastries, yogurt and coffee in the morning but I didn't take advantage of that.

I would absolutely stay here again. It was central to everywhere I needed to be for meetings and easy for me to valet my rental which got me around during the trip.

Do yourself a favor and watch the sunset from your balcony, the hot tub or even better, right on the beach in front of the hotel!

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the extra cash! So beautiful to see the sun rise and set and all the beautiful l...
Green Features: They are on top of their game when it comes to this. They even offer $10 per day back on your stay if you choose to forgo the room cleaning service (meaning you reuse your towels and no new sheets but they do make the beds and clean up the room).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Victoria724,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to be your home away from home while on business. I really appreciate the kind feedback that you shared about our team and property. I will be sure to share your comments with Mary and the team. Should you find yourself in Santa Monica again please let us know, I would love to invite you back to stay with us! Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great location in neighborhood with restaurants, shopping near by and access to beach. Friendly personal and clean modern rooms. Room with ocean view was nice with sunset. Would recommend for the experience to stay in Santa Monica.

• Stayed January 2014
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
EvB4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us from the modern guest rooms and the restaurants near by! Please let us know when you will be visiting Santa Monica again as we would like to welcome you back! Thank you again for being our guest!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friends and I were looking for a place to celebrate a BIG birthday. The Shore turned out to be the perfect place. From the minute we checked in until check-out we were treated likeV.I.P.'s. Our room had an amazing view of a beautiful Santa Monica beach and the beds were very comfortable. We loved that we didn't have to go far for a delicious meal. Blue Plate Taco was casual, festive and yummy.

Room Tip: I would request an ocean front room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Irene M,

Thank you for sharing your birthday experience with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to make such a joyous event, such a memorable experience! I will let the team know how we were able to make a positive impact on your stay. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We recently stayed there for 2 nights and we loved it!

LOCATION: The location is perfect. Great restaurants right around the corner. Walking distance to 3rd street promenade and the outdoor mall. Across the street from the beach and the pier. I can’t image a better location in Santa Monica.

HOTEL: I loved that they served starbucks coffee at the reception. Definitely worth getting the upgrade for a view of the pier and a balcony facing the beach – I think it’s the deluxe king. The gym is decent too.

ROOM: The room was comfortable and sexy. There were enough room and drawers for all our belongings. It was all so clean and well maintained. Room service was great. Perfect stay in santa monica. There is only a glass wall between the bathroom and the bed - you can however push a button and lower a screen divider. The noise can be a bit loud from the street, but if you close the door, it is very quiet.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: The staff was very nice, kind, friendly and on top of their game.

OVERALL: this was a perfect place to stay in Santa Monica. It was stylish, yet comfortable and you can’t beat the location.

Room Tip: get the upgrade for the view
Green Features: I did not notice anything different here than any other hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
prissyp1212,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your kind feedback about our property is really appreciated. Here at Shore, we understand the value of a great experience and our team ensures that we go above and beyond our guest expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. Please let us know when you will be back in Santa Monica, as we would love to be your destination of choice. Thank you again for being our guest! We hope to see you again soon!
North Island, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Modern fit-out with well appointed rooms. Poolside is a good place to chill before or after a long flight. The service was generally professional and friendly.
Try the lobster tacos at the Mexican next door.

• Stayed January 2014
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Michael F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your kind feedback about our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool as it is one of my favorite amenities. We hope that you make our property your destination choice when visiting Santa Monica. We look forward to your visit and we hope to see you again soon!
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I agree with all those who remarked on the lack of amenities and "extras" for the price of this hotel. Staff was courteous and helpful - that and location are the only pluses. Very small rooms (boutique? Indeed.) No on-site bar or restaurant isn't the worst part - that apparently is being rectified as I read here. What really irked was the lack of small, thoughtful items that make the difference between a 4-star hotel and a 2-star motel: no corkscrew, no wine glasses, no shower cap (and you can't take a bath instead because there is no bath), no refills on kleenex or t.p. unless you chased someone from housekeeping down. One tiny soap and one tiny bottle of lotion for 2 adults for 4 days? We took the "green" option which meant we didn't get fresh linens every day. Fine, but how about someone checking up on us anyway to make sure we didn't run out of toilet paper and had fresh cups and glasses? And yes, what a shocker with the City Tax on your bill at the end of the stay. I realize many cities do this but how about mentioning this when we book? We visit Santa Monica often and I won't stay here again - can get much better for the price.

Room Tip: Ocean view is okay but broken by a large metal beam.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
nasectar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that you felt that you did not get the value for the price paid. I also wanted to clarify that upon participating with the Green Clean promotion housekeeping services are declined and therefore refills on amenities are only done upon request. The city tax is also a city wide tax that is added to all hotels in the Santa Monica city limits. The tax and Tourism Marketing District fee is to help support the tourism industry so that we can better serve you. I would like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to provide you with the stay that you expected. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!