- Good location, across road from pier/beach and walking distance to shops
- Nice modem rooms
- Modern bathroom
- Great toiletries included (Aveda products)
- Complimentary Wifi included and available for more than 1 device at a time
- Most front desk staff were helpful - Dallana (though pronounced Diana i believe) was very helpful and pleasant; she also printed out some tickets for us for our Six Flags trip
- Staff gave us an hour extra for check out as we needed to go and source extra luggage - we didnt end up needing it but it was great to have that extra flexibility
- Expensive valet parking $35 (we parked 1 night valet the next night in a parking station around the corner for $14)
- The rooms feel a little corporate - not very homely
- Service at front desk could be better. We had booked a room that had 2 queen beds in it (it was all that was left on Expedia) and then asked if there were others when we arrived with only 1 bed - there was a king size room with partial ocean view but were told it wouldnt be ready yet, the host checked with housekeeping when it would be - we were told 40 mins and we'd get a text. We agreed on this as it wouldnt be too long, went for a stroll and then came back, 40 mins had passed and it was almost an hour later and no text. I checked with the front desk and they checked again with house keeping for us. Cleaning was done but an inspection was now needed which 'usually takes about 5 mins'. More than 10 mins passed, hadn't heard anything again - checked again with front desk and the room was done. They apologised as it was busy.
- The partial ocean view rooms are not really worth it. You need to sit in a corner on the balcony to actually get any ocean view. The rest of the view is of the hotel's roof next door. I think you'd need to either book a full ocean view room if you want the view, or just stick to a city view room.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay. I think the cost of the rooms was a little high but you pay a bit more in Santa Monica than other parts of LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The essence of legendary 5 star customer service and breath taking ocean views Shore Hotel celebrated our soft opening in early October of 2011 and are proud to be Santa Monica's first and only upscale boutique Gold LEED certified property. Shore Hotel is pleased to announce the recent opening of our poolside bar as well as the much anticipated opening of our restaurant, Blue Plate Taco on September 23rd, 2012. Shore Hotel is located on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier, 3rd Street Promenade, and the city’s popular beaches and shopping districts. Shore Hotel is the newest addition to the coastline—a Gold LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified property that offers eco-friendly accommodations with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Gensler Architecture conceived the Shore Hotel’s California modern design, which features 164 stylishly appointed rooms dressed in beach shades of teal and orange and outfitted with custom-made Teak wood furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Amex, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Shore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.