“Nice hotel, good location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel) (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed for two nights with my husband & 2yr old daughter at the start of our holiday. Hotel easy to find. Booked on Expedia & valet parking was included. Staff at check in were very welcoming and we got upgraded :) Room nice & big so plenty of space for the 3 of us. WiFi in room great. Pool smaller than it looks in the pictures & not sure some of the other guests were thrilled with our daughter squealing as she pretended to be a dolphin! Hotel had more of a couples vibe than family feel but all the staff were very welcoming of our 2yr old. Good location as short walk (12 min) to the pedestrianised shopping street or the beach. Would recommend with no hesitation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I have just returned from five incredible nights at this lovely Starwood property. The hotel is beautifully remodeled and the service surpassed my expectations even before I arrived. I wrote Jessica Lauer with a few requests for a special occasion and she went far above and beyond and truly blew me away with service and an amazing room upgrade on. Very busy night. Every aspect of the stay was memorable, from the lovely bar and lounge to the housekeeping staff.
I also would like to mention that although my room was not ready until late in the evening the young man checking me in did everything in his power to make up for the late evening check in. Comps, hand delivering the key, breakfast for two and a warm sincere apology.
Great job for SPG preferred treatment!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a comfortable room at the Le Meridian Delfina. The second floor is open to the lobby and on the weekend we were there, there was a prom and the music was loud until late. If I had known this, I would have requested a higher floor. The rooms are nice. The hotel is a little further from the center of activitiy than some other Santa Monica Hotels, but the the hotel does offer a drop off service.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms pick up noise from lobby activity.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Le Meridien for a business conference and the room fee was paid by my employer, so I cannot comment on the value. The hotel is quite nice inside, and the staff were all very helpful and solicitous. I had a queen single bed room which was perfect for me but would have been tight for even one more person. The bathroom in particular was tiny and the shower leaked like a sieve -- there was a puddle on the floor despite my best efforts. Water pressure was not good, either. I was pleased with the amenities -- a shuttle bus that would go anywhere within 2 miles, free bikes for guests, and a nice, if small, pool. I would have liked to be able to control the AC in my room because I was hot both nights but could not turn it down any cooler than it was set. All in all, this was a good hotel in a location that can't be beat -- far enough away from the beach craziness to be quiet, but close enough to walk to the beach easily.

Room Tip: Queen singles are very very small.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ALTSwiss,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important and I have noted your comments on the room you stayed in at the property. I will review the maintenance comments and correct them immediately. I will share your review with the staff and thank you for sharing your experience with them. We appreciate your business and attending your company conference.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I walked in to the hotel and was immediately told that my reservation was wrong and that they were overbooked! I had someone from my office call to confirm the reservation 2 days earlier and was told everything was fine. The person in the next line was told that their reservation was fine and was able to get a free upgrade to a higher floor. Odd, my office made that reservation as well. The gentleman at the front desk dealing with me was a manager. The gentleman dealing with my associate was a clerk. I asked for the managers business card - he did not have any. The clerk gave me his. Received a call from the General Manager when I got to my room. I was then told that the problem was that I was resistant when he asked me for a credit card.

Not sure why I was treated so poorly but can not and will not stay at any Le Meridien again.

4 days later and I am still disgusted by the way I was treated!

Room Tip: If you are paying full price do whatever you can to get a room on a high floor with a good view. The...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Carmen M,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to ensure your experience in the hotel far exceeds your expectations. I have left you a voicemail to day to discuss your experience and to fully understand. I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow to ensure we find a "win/win" and resolve your challenges to 100% of your expectations of the LeMeridien brand.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a super nice hotel a few blocks from the pier. It was more of a Sheraton than a Le Meridien but the value was there so no complaints. If you end up staying here, ask for the rear building for a more secluded experience or the front building if you are trying to get a view.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Maxwellburke,
Thank you for the kind words in your TripAdvisor review of the hotel. It sounds like you had one of our Cabana rooms which is situated behind the hotel and around our pool and Terrazza Garden. We hope you were able to "Unlock the Destination" of Santa Monica and enjoyed some of our culture and cuisine. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon in Santa Monica.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Le Meriden Delfina using Starwood points and I wasn't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised in every way. Our check in was fast and easy. We were upgraded to a higher floor and a larger room - we had requested a high floor away from noise like the street, the elevator etc (my husband is very sensitive to noise) and they were quite gracious granting our requests. Other than guests at the hotel slamming their doors and music from a party Saturday night (only until 11:30), our room was very quiet. The hotel was clean and every single person we dealt with was very pleasant. The free valet service was terrific. The hotel is not on a scenic street itself but it is only a quick 4 block walk to the beach, the 3rd street promenade etc etc. It is also very close to the freeway. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street might be loud.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 5Boysrus5,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I will share you kind words with the staff and recognize the team for their efforts. We surely hope you were able to enjoy some of spectacular sunsets during your stay. As a valued SPG member, we do our best to upgrade when possible. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in Santa Monica.
Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!