“Free Valet !!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Free Valet !!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 2 nights, and i thought the hotel lobby and rooms were nicely decorated.
Bed were comfy and rooms were spacious. I liked how you could walk to the beach and restaurants. I would stay here again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Olenabklyn,
Thank you for the complimentary review of the hotel during your December visit. As a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor, your attention to details about the hotel are duly noted. As you identified, our location is very convenient for all the reasons to visit Santa Monica and "Live Like a Local" for a few Sunny days near the beach. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again.
Stephen Sowards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful, well-located hotel with tons of amenities — and fairly well-managed. Beds are incredibly comfortable, the staff is attentive and friendly, the rooms are well decorated and large, and the outdoor pool and lounge is great. HOWEVER: on two separate occasions we found huge cockroaches running around our bathroom. The first incident involved a huge roach falling on my fiancee's head while she was brushing her teeth. Horrible! Still, we told management and hoped it was just a one-time thing, but a day later we encountered another large cockroach hanging out on the toilet paper roll. Took us a couple hours each time to get rested again, and thus completely erased every bit of relaxation from our vacation. Management explained this has been a recurring problem, and so I guess it became our problem we got inherit (and pay money for!)... As an SPG Gold member, I was very surprised to be comped only one of the two nights. ...Better than nothing, I suppose?

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Adam D,
Thank you for providing your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at the hotel. Your compliments will be shared with the staff accordingly regarding. I look forward to speaking with you personally on Monday to ensure we correct any inconvenience. Your business is very important to us and your loyalty in our SPG program is held in the highest regard.
Thanks,
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I looked at photos of this residence, I was slightly concerned. It looked really dated. But in the flesh, this place is a winner. Not only has it been beautifully upgraded, but Starwood have clearly sent in the "A Team" in terms of staff service and good process. For example, valet parking is free; there is a complimentary buffet breakfast which can be redeemed against a la carte options. The public area's are well maintained. The gym is excellent. And it's all just a stone's throw from the beach, the pier, Main Street and Third Street Promenade.

On my next vacation trip to LA, this would be top of my list.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear FulhamMan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. As a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor, your feedback and compliments are greatly appreciated. Your kind words will be shared with my team around their service delivery and it is impressive that you identified the upgrades and significant investment made since upgrading the property to Le Meridien. We truly appreciate your business and hope you were able to "Unlock the Destination" of Santa Monica. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here as a family of 5 with 2 interconnecting rooms on the 7th floor. The rooms are nice and spacious and the hotel has a warm and inviting ambiance. As far as 4 star hotels go I would consider this property an excellent choice, I have stayed before in Santa Monica right on the beach however as this was a winter stay and more for exploring the city of LA I liked the location of the Delfina for ease of parking (which is complimentary BONUS points there) and access to main roads and freeways without the SM traffic congestion. The front office staff were friendly and helpful, Sonia was so welcoming to my kids at check in. We also had a situation where one of my children left her I Phone in the lobby lounge area and they located the lost item and returned it to us which I am so grateful for and appreciate their care and honesty. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as there are many fine restaurants in the area, I highly recommend Huckleberrys and Gjusta. All in all we loved staying in Santa Monica and if you don't need to be on the beach then I would recommend a stay at Le Meridien Delfina.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SYDmelp,
Thank you very, very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. As a Senior Contributor, your experience and eye for details is appreciated and your feedback is appreciated. It sounds as if your large family was here to Unlock the Destination of Los Angeles and see all the wonderful points of internest in the area. I will share your comments with Sonia and recognize her accordingly for her contributions to making your stay great. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The location is a quick walk to the beach and all sorts of awesome restaurants. Parking is free which is rare in LA. But the best part is the staff. More like family/friends. A true delight to stay there. Ask for Rina, Lily or Ceilidh - the absolute best. Couldn't recommend this spot more highly.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear Mr. Schonenberg,
I cannot thank you enough for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I also appreciate the personal email you had sent me directly which was the highlight of my day while traveling this past week. It is customers like yourself that we strive to achieve excellence in service and take great pride in welcoming into "our home". I will share your comments with the ladies in the lounge and recognize them accordingly for making your stay great! We appreciate your continued support and I look forward to meeting you in person upon your next visit.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife & I stayed overnight on our way to see family for Thanksgiving and we were very happy with our room initially. Nice and roomy, chic decor, just like the photos on their site. Then we went to check out the bathroom. The floor of the tub was lined with brown wet sand (or what we hoped was sand, from the beach nearby). Peeved, we called the Front Desk and they relocated us to another room right away and comped us continental breakfast for the inconvenience. It was a nice recovery and we enjoyed the breakfast the next morning in their nicely appointed dining area. Funny how a meal can be that much more enjoyable when it's comped. That saved us at least $30. The Front Desk let us check some bags at checkout and allowed us to pick our rental car later. So we went to service at Pacific Crossroads, which is walkable, then met some friends at The Tripel nearby and the rough start was all but forgotten.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pvtchockyii,
We want to say thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. As a Sr. Reviewer, your experience and feedback allow us to continuously improve. Our goal is to ensure our guests have a flawless experience and have the abiilty to enjoy and "Unlock the Destination" of Santa Monica which you noted over the Thanksgiving holiday. We truly appreciate your business and allowing us to recover your challenge, ultimately providing resolution to any issues. Have safe travels in 2015 and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can't speak highly enough of Chef Russell and Jami in particular at this place.Without even thinking about the rooms and food,the service these guys laid on was awesome.Alot of running around for my benefit so once again thank you guys very much.Also the guys out front and all the other staff I saw were really cool and I will be back again without a doubt.The house car is a great idea.Thanks again Chef Russell for your help and thanks Jami for the room with a view.Really impressed.
Glenn Hunter

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dear Trekynz (Mr. Hunter),
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the world on TripAdvisor. I will share your feedback with Chef and Jami and recognize them accordingly for their contributions to making your stay great and providing you with the excellent service you desired. The staff here inspires me everyday as their leader and when I see reviews that say "will be back", i am very proud of their efforts. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!