“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, AZ
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We picked this hotel because of the complimentary valet parking. We usually stay at Marriots but they wanted $35.00/night for valet parking with no other options.
The service was far above average. Shout out to Sonia at the front desk. We were greeted with complimentary glasses of champagne and a room upgrade. The decor is modern, hip and understated, but fun. There is also a house car that will give you a ride to the beach (or other places, I imagine). It was a nice amenity, and also complimentary. The property is very pleasant. A few negatives: its an older building and the soundproofing needs improvement. Also the location is a (short) walk to downtown and the pier. It is not in the middle of the action. Definitely ask for a high floor or room with an ocean view. There are rooms on the lower floors with a view of nothing more than the slightly depressing apartment complex next door. Santa Monica is beautiful and the views, with a terrace, are worth it.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
seashell1601
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely stay recently at the Le Meridien Delfina in Santa Monica. The hotel has a warm welcoming feeling the moment you step into the lobby. It has the feeling of an upscale quaint boutique hotel. The location is about a 15 minute walk from the Santa Monica pier and downtown area. It's a very doable walk or about a $5. cab ride. The hotel offers a complimentary car service to the downtown area from the hotel. That proved to be very convenient. My only suggestion would be that the hotel extend this service to 9pm, currently it stops at 8pm. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. A special call out to DJ at the front desk and Kyrian Perry at the breakfast buffet. Both went out of their way to accommodate our requests. An overall great place to stay if your travels take you to the Santa Monica area!

Room Tip: You can see the ocean in the distance from the west facing rooms.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stayed here a few days in November 2014.
The hotel is OK, but I'm not that impressed, and expected a little bit more from a Starwood hotel.

First, the rooms: the size of the sleeping area is good, the balcony is the size of a stamp though.
The bathroom is small too and has a shower curtain. I personally do not like shower curtains as that immediately gives me the feeling the room is outdated.
I wasn't impressed with the fact that the minibar was empty, or that there was no amenity kit in the bathroom. There was shower gel etc, but no cotton balls/sticks, I had to ask for that.

Then, breakfast: the continental breakfast is served in the bar area of the hotel. It's not included in the room rate and is $18. For this, you get to choose from fresh fruit, some pastries, muffins, bagels and cereal. Very basic. There was a toaster but nothing to put in it. I asked for a cappuccino: that was not included but could be served at a surcharge of $4,50. Not impressed.
When I got my $4,50 cappuccino, a spoon and sugar were missing, so I had to get up again. I guess the devil is in the details!

The pool; I didn't use it but it is not big at all.

The location: it is within 10 minutes walking distance of the beach. In the direct area, there's not much going, but that was ok for me. I was travelling on my own, and I did feel comfortable walking around in the area.

The staff is very helpful, attentive and friendly: the front desk staff gave me a room even though I arrived early. The bar staff was very nice too, with quick service and not shy on the portion sizes of the wine. Housekeeping made sure I got my amenity kit in the end.

All in all I am not unhappy with the hotel, maybe my expectations were just too high. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I'd probably try another one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Such a lovely place to stay with the family. The bar was perfect for a lite bite and cocktails with my parents. The best part was the service, everyone is so kind and attentive. Lily Joya and Cameron Taylor were so great and made our stay so lovely.

Stayed December 2014
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear EmmaJ,
Thank you very much for your kind words and your review of the hotel. I will share your review with Lily and Cameron and recognize them for making such a positive impact on your visit. We truly appreciate your business and hope you were able to "Unlock the Destination" of Santa Monica during your visit. Have safe travels in 2015 and hope to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is great and an excellent value . Free valet is always a great way to start a stay. Then we were greeted w sparkling wine upon checkin in! Winning!
The room is spacious and very clean and modern. Comfortable bed and a very nice terrace, just not much a view. Everything was very clean and we had nothing to complain about regarding the room. If I was picky I would say the bathroom is a bit basic and keeps the hotel from being a 5star experience. The lobby bar was a very relaxing place for a cocktail/nightcap. The lobby and entire hotel has a modern and even sexy design that I really appreciated.
My one and only gripe is that the dinning options are silly expensive. $50 for breakfast for 2 which included coffees, eggs Benedict , and omelette. That is ritz Carlton prices. I do recommend this place to stay and drink, perhaps not eat .

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thadizzle,
We appreciate your generous feedback about the hotel and your experience. Thank you for the comments about the guestroom, staff, and the new amenities offered as you noted. Your comments on the F&B pricing are noted and will be reviewed for possible adjustments. We want to say thank you for your business and look forward to having you visit us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I had a 4 night business stay with lots of "in the lobby" meetings. The staff were always very helpful and prompt with service. The room was very comfortable and homey. Terrific exercise room. Also an easy walk to the beach and away from the Santa Monica congestion.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rubyfoody,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent four day stay. As you experienced, our "Le Hub" concept of Le Meridien creates a great place to hold small meetings and gather for events or light evening cocktails. As a Top Contributor, your attention to details is recognized and your feedback provides us with honest and candid feedback. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again for your next round of meetings.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For Thanksgiving long weekend, we booked 2 rooms. Staff were all excellent, extra thanks to Haley Kruse (helped with multiple boarding passes & Stay Green bonus pts), Rigo at check-in (very patient with our room requests), Hugo at the Concierge, & bar staff for bkft & afternoon light meals (sorry did not get their names). I'll summarize as follows:
Pro's:
- good Santa Monica loc, can walk to beach, Pier, Bike Path, the new Tongva Park, Santa Monica Place (shopping & restaurants), the Promenade, etc.
- Nice lobby music on Fri & Sat nts.
- Nice pool side seating.
- Good Business Ctr (though printer out of order the whole holiday wknd).
- Outstanding staff throughout, e.g. 1 staff saw that I was doing flight ckin and he knew the printer was down and offered to print the boarding passes on his laptop
(I went to Front Desk and Haley K. printed these out instead).
That's really going above and beyond & we really appreciate the staff's caring attitude.
- Valet staff were always prompt & good. Though it's not really "free" since there is a daily $18 Amenity Fee.

Con's:
- this is a major item: most of the rooms are Connecting, and some even connect to rooms on either side (e.g. our room 708) which means can hear noise from 2 adjacent rooms!
This setup is not suitable for guests who are noise sensitive.
- pool is pretty small.
- The free rental bikes: these have very wide handles (like a Harley Davidson!) and therefore hard to ride in a city setting. We saw some guests walking the bikes back as they weren't able to ride it safely. We opted to pay for beach front rental bikes instead, for safety & comfort.
btw if you do want the free bikes make sure to go early in the morning, as there are limited #.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms if you are noise-sensitive.
Green Features: Green bonus pts for SPG members is a very good program.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear fbc001,
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments about the wonderful staff members and recognize them for their contributions. We truly appreciate your comments about the bikes and will look into adjusting the styles and usage needs to ensure eveyrone can enjoy them while "living like a local". Please come back to see us an Unlock the Destination fo Santa Monica when you remember those fabulous West Coast sunsets nightly while enjoying a cocktail and waiting on the live entertainment to begin. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in 2015!
Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!