I stayed here a few days in November 2014.
The hotel is OK, but I'm not that impressed, and expected a little bit more from a Starwood hotel.
First, the rooms: the size of the sleeping area is good, the balcony is the size of a stamp though.
The bathroom is small too and has a shower curtain. I personally do not like shower curtains as that immediately gives me the feeling the room is outdated.
I wasn't impressed with the fact that the minibar was empty, or that there was no amenity kit in the bathroom. There was shower gel etc, but no cotton balls/sticks, I had to ask for that.
Then, breakfast: the continental breakfast is served in the bar area of the hotel. It's not included in the room rate and is $18. For this, you get to choose from fresh fruit, some pastries, muffins, bagels and cereal. Very basic. There was a toaster but nothing to put in it. I asked for a cappuccino: that was not included but could be served at a surcharge of $4,50. Not impressed.
When I got my $4,50 cappuccino, a spoon and sugar were missing, so I had to get up again. I guess the devil is in the details!
The pool; I didn't use it but it is not big at all.
The location: it is within 10 minutes walking distance of the beach. In the direct area, there's not much going, but that was ok for me. I was travelling on my own, and I did feel comfortable walking around in the area.
The staff is very helpful, attentive and friendly: the front desk staff gave me a room even though I arrived early. The bar staff was very nice too, with quick service and not shy on the portion sizes of the wine. Housekeeping made sure I got my amenity kit in the end.
All in all I am not unhappy with the hotel, maybe my expectations were just too high. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I'd probably try another one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica