Over the last few years that I've stayed here for business, this hotel has been improving steadily. Unfortunately, with every stay here, the experience is inconsistent. Sometimes they give me the room that I booked, sometimes it's a very different room. One time, I walked into a room that wasn't even made up yet - for a split second it felt like walking in on someone else's room. The problem was quickly remedied with a call to the front desk.
But the staff is always friendly and warm. The valet team is on top of things, the reception team seems to know what they are doing and the lobby bar waiting staff is attentive.
Rooms are clean and have all the mod cons a busy business traveller would need.
The interior design of the rooms reflect some of Santa Monica's past charm - pictures of days gone by and ocean themed artifacts. Simple and not too overbearing.
My single biggest gripe is a very personal, but practical one: I'm 6'4" and the big bathroom mirror is mounted far too low for tall people. Standing up straight in front of it, I can only see from the bottom of my chin down (and that's not necessarily the prettiest sight...). So to see my face, check my hair, etc, in have to bend or slough. Again, just a small gripe, nothing big.
I will continue to stay here for business travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach, are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. The guestrooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated decor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Meridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica