“Just short of luxurious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Boston, MA
“Just short of luxurious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at this former Sheraton about 1/4 mile from the beach for two nights. It seems a lot of money has been invested to bring this property to a luxury level and it almost succeeds.

Getting the proper room is important as the higher floors have beautiful views of the Pacific. The "cabana" rooms do not although they are nicely appointed and comfortable. The hotel has a small pool and a smallish deck around it. The fitness center is adequate.

The major annoyance is a charge of $15 per day for wifi. PLEASE. Not in this day and age. It's an insult to your guests. Increase the room charge if you must but dump that charge.

There is limited free self parking which is good if your timing is right in and out.

The location is convenient just off Lincoln near I10 and the PCH. Seven miles from LAX.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed in very comfortable sea facing room which was clean and spacious and comfortable. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Loved the pool area and facilities which are decorated beautifully. Location was ideal for me and using Uber it was super easy to get around. Great value and great stay

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Steven M,
Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at the hotel. It is very important for us to ensure our guests receive a great value for the price they pay, so we appreciate your comments there. I will share your feedback with the team about their service and recognize them accordingly. We thank you for your business and wish you all the best in 2014.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This spot is in the perfect spot to be able to access all of the shops, restaurants and beaches of Santa Monica - without being right on top of them and all the noise!
The on-site pool/restaurant area was a great spot for food and drinks and the lobby was large enough to cater for the guests taking advantage of the free wi-fi.
The service was to a high standard and generally very friendly.
One big positive was despite the high number of guests staying at the time, there was never a time when we felt crowded or found that we were in a noisy spot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Heags,
Thank you very much for sharing your review about your stay at the hotel. As you mentioned, our centralized location allows our guests to "Unlock the Destination" to all the points of interest in Santa Monica. We appreciate your feedback about the pool and lobby areas. We thank you for the business and wish you safe travels in 2014.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for three nights via Virgin Tailor made. At first thought it very corporate but pleasantly surprised by the staff who couldn't be more helpful. We ate in the resturant one night as we had walked for miles down Venice beach and the marina. The food is superb. The tuna is out of this world. Good stay when touring

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kath R,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay in the hotel. It sounds as if the tuna tartar was a favorite for your visit which I can tell you is one of our guest favorites. We are very happy to hear you were able to Unlock the Destination by experiencing our beautiful beach strand which extends from Malibu to Redondo Beach, along with the cuisine offered by the chef. Hopefully there was a few gorgeous sunsets in there for your enjoyment. I will share your comments witht he Chef and recognize the team accordingly for their contribution. Thank you for the business and we hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by the hotel staff whom helped me with my luggage as well as gracious check in staff. Everything was fast and the check in staff even made sure my husband has an extra key as he was arriving later. The room was clean and there are adequate towels.

Unfortunately, the walls are super thin. I am writing this at 4am as my neighbor is on the phone and I can hear his entire conversation. Was hoping the ac would be loud enough to drown out, not so much .

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Boocow1,
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay in the hotel. I will share your positive comments about your arrival and check-in with our team. Your comments on the walls being too thin are duly noted for future enhancements at the property. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again. Travel safely in 2014!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here a few times when it was the Sheraton Delfina and had terrible experiences from the Inadequately trained staff to the substandard rooms for the price. I'm a SPG gold member and usually only stayed here due to discounts when I had to be in Santa Monica for business. But this time, I tried it out for the first time since the remodel and rebranding to the Le Meridien and it was a pleasant surprise. Service was much better and rooms were much nicer. Due to its ideal location on Pico, I have to recommend this hotel to any traveler to Santa Monica or Venice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JAELEEAHP,
Thank you for the kind words abour your recent stay at the hotel. As an SPG family member, your comments are extremely important and in addition that you have stayed here previously and now compares much better, makes me feel even better about the team and the changes of the brand. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to reach out directly upon your next visit and we will ensure you see one of our beautiful sunsets here in Santa Monica.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Delfina in July for 2 nights with my 9 year old son.
The hotel is a few blocks away from the beach but pretty far from Santa Monica lively zone.
The welcoming at the hotel was fair but nothing extraordinary. Check in process was expedited.
I travelled with my son and requested a two beds room. I was offered a King Size Deluxe room with a rollaway instead and agreed on that. The room was ok but was expecting a larger room or a nicer view since I booked a deluse room. I had a view over the entrance of the hotel, not really charming...
Since nobody came to put the extra bed after a few hours, I cam back to the reception around 9 pm to request to have it placed before we come back from dinner. When I came back, the bed was placed in the room vertically, no furniture had been removed and I had to do everything myself... Where am I??? It was late and thought I would rather do it myself since my son felt sleepy.
The overall hotel looks nice although the picture of pool on website is very misleading since the pool is very small.
Breakfast at the restaurant on the upper level had the slowest service ever and almost left after 45 minutes waiting. No apology whatsoever, of course...
Wifi is not free in the rooms which nowadays is a joke but is free in the lobby. This means that if you are a client that pays for your room, you need to pay for the wifi but not if you just visit the hotel and leave no revenue. Strange feeling... I ended up paying as I needed to get things done and did not want to go back to the lobby while my son was asleep. Although I paid for it, The wifi access was terrible, very unstable and the bandwith a real joke. I did complain the next day to the reception and offered me a 3G device which ended up working well.
The staff attitude was ok overall but certainly not what you expect from a hotel like this. I had spent 3 weeks in hotel prior to ending up at the Meridien as my farewell experience and I must say this hotel is ranked at the bottom.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear bchiarut,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the hotel. It is very important to receive this feedback as it helps us establish better training and service delivery for our guests. I will review your feedback with the team and ask that you send me your room number information so that we can identify the wifi breakdown you mentioned. I will review your housekeeping incident as well to ensure this no longer takes place with rollaways. We thank you for your business and wish you safe travels.
Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!