“Grace is a fine ambassador!! Top service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Los angeles
“Grace is a fine ambassador!! Top service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Besides elevator issues, being out of mouthwash and noise. The service was something to remember. I have stayed at hotels all around the world as an SPG member and I have never experienced service like Grace's. Hectic day at hotel and she was so professional handled busy desk like her name "GRACEFULLY!" KUDOS to Grace for making my a memorable one!

• Stayed July 2014

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Not only was the room nice, bar with DJ awesome, but the service is spectacular. I had an early am flight today. Grace called me early to let me know my taxi was waiting, they had breakfast bar ready for me early, had my receipt ready to go, etc. I have never seen this level of service on any of my hotel stays!!! Thanks Grace for getting me on way to the airport stress free

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for four nights on the final leg of our trip to California. I had high expectations of the hotel, and the decoration in the bedrooms was good, and the comfort levels were high. However, the overall experience was disappointing. It was the sixth hotel we'd stayed in on our trip, and despite being the most expensive, it was the only one that did not provide free wi-fi in the bedrooms, which felt very mean! We shared a classic room with two double beds, as our teenage kids were with us, but although the hotel clearly knew it was multiple occupancy, several times I had to ask for extra towels (they gave us only 3), more coffee capsules (they provided only 2 each day, and one was decaffeinated) and on one day I returned to the room after a day out to find it had still not been cleaned. Staff were helpful when asked for the extra items, but I should not have had to ask! Also, be warned: the hotel is a bit of a walk from the beach and restaurants (it overlooks a high school), and the balcony (so small there is only room for a single chair and table) overlooks a busy (and noisy) four-lane road. It was also noisy in the room, as the air conditioning grille rattled constantly and the walls were paper-thin. Sadly, I would only recommend this hotel as a quick stop-over en route to the airport.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel looks very dated from the outside but has been nicely renovated on the inside. Upgraded to the deluxe room but didn't really feel that special, probably would have been just as happy with the classic or studio room. Also for a hotel that had been more recently renovated the room was already showing some real wear (especially the very small bathroom). The hotel is in a ok location, not too far from the beach and also walkable to the 3rd Street Promenade. Was impressed that the self park was free (pretty rare for LA) but was hard to find a spot sometimes. The real nuisance was that only one of the main elevators worked for the whole 4 days we where there. It was the 4th of July weekend so the place was packed and it always took for ever to get up or down. Phoned to the front desk to ask if there was any other elevator or stairs we could use and the person said she did not know?? Had some time to look around the second last day and found there was elevator that we could have taken straight to the parking garage on the other side grrr!! All in all an ok place. Got a good deal on SPG, but not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear WorldTraveller570,
Thank you for your comments and review on TripAdvisor. As an SPG family member, we value your comments greatly and will review the feedback for training opportunities. We strive to "Unlock our Destination" of Santa Monica and the holiday weekend allows our destination to feature the fabulous points of interest such as: The Getty Museum and Villa, SM Pier, 3rd Street Promenade, and Venice Beach very conveniently. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

So most people want to tell you how the hotel room was, I usually do. The rooms are great and comfortable of course. But this is about the bar.

Last Night Wednesday July 23, we stopped in to have a drink at their cool lobby bar, and low and behold, they had a live DJ, actually 2 DJ's. It turned this usually nice place to meet for a drink, into this great place tohave a drink a little food, and some great Music. The DJ's were rockin, the staff friendly, and we were extremely happy.

Don't know if this is a nightly occurrence, but we will be back..

Room Tip: If your lucky enough to get a true balcony that looks to the ocean, your in....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Aardvarkkiller,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Timing is everything as you know and as a Top Contributor for TripAdvisor, your comments on our live DJ this Wednesday and Thursday nights are appreciated and we will consider making it a weekly event and let you know on our social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Our objective is to have our "Hub" in the lobby create such a buzz that all the guests want to enjoy the atmosphere and our cuising and culture here in Socal. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the hotel soon.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed here a few times for work. I thought when they began their transition from a Sheraton to a Le Meridien they were a great value and customer service was very high. Over my last few stays, their rates have gone up but what they deliver to me has not improved...in fact, it has decreased. They took away the club lounge and the service from the front desk is a little snobby. They seem to be missing the little things. The lights on the patio are missing and wires just hang out. The bathroom is dingy because of the poor lighting (it is clean though). The valet rates have gone up.

On the plus side, I will say that the valets are very nice and welcoming. The hotel provides everything you need for a comfortable stay. I think you have very stylish rooms that are a good size. They also addressed my issues in a timely manner...the thing is, I shouldn't have issues to address for the rates they charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that views the ocean with a patio. Free wi-fi in the lounge.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Pgirl42,
Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and taking the time from your busy day to help us create better experiences for all of our guests. I will share your comments with the team and ensure we have corrected any defects in the lighting you mentioned. If you could please give me a ring to discuss any other challenges you may have, I can be reached at the hotel during normal business hours. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had a nice stay at this hotel which has a nice lobby, good continential breakfast and small pool area. The room was spacious with a small balcony and the hotel is a short walk to the beach and mall. Staff were very friendly and helpful, was not cheap but was a quality experience where we would have likes to stay longer.

Dear Nice20a,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with TripAdvisor. As a Senior Contributor, your feedback allows us to get an honest assessment of the guest experience and provides us critical information to help us get better. I will share your comments with the team and hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your business and have safe travels in 2014!
Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!