“Here right now!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
San Pedro
“Here right now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were hesitant when we got this on a discounted site. Wow! We are so impressed. We travel a lot and are picky. This place is awesome! High end and modern. They do a good job. Great service. Sonia A at front desk let us check in early, upgraded us and have is internet. They take wonderful care of guests. Close to 3rd street promenade (10 min walk) and close to beach. They have bike rentals (very nice bikes) AND free parking (must reserve in advance with valet). They are treating us wonderfully! At pool right now and very happy!
Wonderful complimentary continental breakfast every morning too.

Stayed July 2014

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed 5 nights at Le Meridien Delfina and we are happy with our choice. My husband is a Gold member so we were upgraded to a higher-level room, along with free wifi. The view was well above an apartment building behind the hotel, with a view of the ocean in the distance. The room was nice and clean, with comfortable beds, and we did not hear anyone in the corridor. The location is somewhat away from the beach and the pier, a good 20-minute walk, so if you want a hotel very close to the beach, this is not it. We had a car and were able to park inside the hotel garage each night. A valet actually helped us park aside until a space would become free later in the evening; we very much appreciated this! We also received very good service from the concierge, Mr. Jimmy, who helped us print attraction tickets and was always smiling and helpful. The lobby and bar area are kept under very dim light; I think it might be better if it was a bit brighter. We went to the pool after spending a day at the beach; it was busy and we could not find a seat so we did not stay. Overall, a nice stay. As an aside, I think free wifi should be offered; after all, cheaper hotels/motels always seem to offer it without charging for it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was there for the July 4th weekend

-elevator was consistently down , and one of the 2 was down for our whole stay.

-internet worked sometimes.

-air conditioner was down for a day.

Staff was trying there best under the circumstances but only so much they can do to resolve the many problems which either needed mechanical professionals or money to fix each issue.

Room Tip: ask for balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon landing from Hong Kong and a 12 hour flight I was hopeful to find and experience the ocean, fresh air, and a newly renovated hotel…. The front desk staff was nice and helpful and did there best to accommodate my needs and request. The lobby area was nice but still not “overseas” standards… The room was the disappointment… It’s sad that US hotels cannot renovate in better standards…. They seem to just mask them… I was kindly upgraded to what they called a suite, and sadly it was just 2 old rooms combined… The furnishings were hard and covered in plastic fabrics that had no comfort to enjoy… in my hotel profile I have the standard request, none of which have even been observed in the US, I had to request for 2 days down/feather pillows upon finally receiving them they were taken away the next day to yet again call to have them returned.... I would strongly suggest you not use your welcome points for the continental breakfast…. You can find much more enjoyable quality foods within walking of the hotel…. Overall it was not “bad” just not as nice as I would have expected for the rate…. There are other hotels within the same area that are much nicer for the same rate, sadly though they are not Starwood….. Starwood you really need to work on your standards in the US, you have amazing standards abroad, now please come home to the US and work on improving…. I want to be proud as an American….

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area its noisy most of the time...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It’s tough to beat the location considering it’s within walking distance to the beach as well as great shops in Santa Monica. It seems stupid to rate a valet staff but every time I’m there these guys are as professional as they come. Of course, the valets are only a taste to what the rest of the staff has to offer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful hotel, but sometimes a staff member can even outshine an ocean view room. I’m not kidding. Grace Pineda, our Guest Service Agent, might be one of the finest hotel employees I have ever encountered. I really don’t want to get into all the things she did for us, but it will be tough to top her hospitality and professionalism. I thank everyone at the hotel for an amazing experience, and a special thanks to Grace who treated a complete stranger as someone I feel like I’ve known forever.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed here four times now since it's been a Meridien, all on business. Each time, despite lifetime Gold membership, I've been given a room that faces what can best be described as a run down apartment building. I have to keep my curtains closed to avoid staring into the apartments that are approximately 30 feet away. The pool is crowded, not nearly large enough to support the people that want to lounge and every time I've stayed, noisy children are an issue. None of these would cause me to raise my eyebrow at a three star property. But not at a Meridien where you are likely paying $350-400 plus per night.

Definitely not the relaxing feel that I expect from a Meridien or Westin property. Spend a few extra dollars and head to the Fairmont. It's a much more relaxing feel, is quieter, and much higher quality.

Consistently disappointing for an upper end SPG property! I would definitely not coming here for leisure time. Agreed that if it went back to being a Sheraton, my expectations would be lower....

Room Tip: try to avoid getting one on the lower floors that face the apartments.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stay at this hotel for our Anniversary, we were only suppose to stay 1 night here, the guest service was so great we decided to stay an extra night. When we arrive the hotel guest service Tim, was so polite and helpful and very informational when ask about great restaurants in the area. The hotel rooms are nice and pretty and comfortable. When coming to Santa Monica we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!