“Hugo the Concierge Rocks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica

You added Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica to your Saves list
Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Formerly Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, Vermont
“Hugo the Concierge Rocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Spent the week here with my wife and 11 yr old daughter. Hotel was good...but Hugo Correa the concierge rocked. He was great during the entire trip and made everything we wanted to do and see that much better. If you are planning a trip to Santa Monica and need a nice place to stay with a well connected, well informed concierge I cannot recommend Hugo enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear John M,
Thank you very much for your feedback about the service you received at the hotel. I will recognize Hugo accordingly and share your comments with him directly. At Le Meridien Delfina, we focus on "Destination Unlocked" with Coordinates, Culture, and Cuisine. Santa Monica provides great options and Hugo creates memorable experiences for our guests. We appreciate your business and hope to be your choice in Santa Monica for your next trip.
Stephen Sowards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Perfunctory check-in, no help with luggage, noisy lobby, small room, expensive for what it is. That about covers it. Didn't rate it beyond somewhere to lay my head after a long day of travel. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Ozmadmax,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. The service points you noted will be reviewed with my Front Office team to identify updates on incoming international flights for travelers. Our Longitude Bar and Hub areas, with our multiple-level atrium design become quite active in the evenings with our guests enjoying featured Event Cocktails nightly. If your travels bring you back through LA, please reach out and allow our team another opportunity. As a Top Contributor to TrilpAdvisor, it is very important to us. Safe travels in 2014.

Best regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weekends ago. I was very happy with everything there and felt lucky with how close it was to where I needed to go. I have been to LA a lot and I always hate having to spend so much on cabs. This hotel is literally walking distance to a whole bunch of great places in Santa Monica! They treated me very well and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear William P,
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay here at Le Meridien Delfina. Our central location in Santa Monica has great access to all the points of interest in the area and great access to freeways if daring enough to face the traffic. On your next trip, don't forget we have bicycles which are always fun riding along the beach or request a lift in our "electric shuttle" for local needs. We appreciate the business and hope to you will chose us on your next trip to the Los Angeles area.

Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

the room was great...clean and modern. Staff was superb! Lobby had many comfortable seating areas and a nice bar and light snack area. Wait staff did a good job at breakfast .The concierge was very helpful with restaurant recommendations.Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Grlong,
The comments and feedback you provided about your recent stay at our hotel is greatly appreciated. I hope you were able to enjoy some our specialty "Illy Coffees" in our Zest Kitchen. If there is anyone specifically that you would want to recognize, please let me know and I will share your comments about Concierge service with that team as well. We welcome you back to enjoy more of this incredible March weather here in Southern California as the sunsets are here daily. Thank you for your business and safe travels.

Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the Le Meridien Delfina to celebrate his 50th marathon (LA marathon on March 9th). We had several members of our family as well as many friends and it was the perfect celebration weekend. Everyone on staff went out of their way to make sure we had the best weekend ever. Everywhere we went, they knew who we were and genuinely wished us the best. There were many staff members who made the weekend special, but Barbara and Jimmy were especially terrific. My family and friends were thrilled we chose the hotel as "marathon central!"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Tim S,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay to run in the LA Marathon this past weekend. A very big congratulations to you on completing your 50th marathon and we are very thankful and pleased you chose our hotel to remember that memorable moment and weekend which was spectacular here in Santa Monica with the finish line so close to the hotel. Thank you again for the business and we will look forward to seeing you again at the LA Marathon in 2015!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Top-notch service from start to finish. I was meeting my fiancee at the hotel a day after she arrived. The day before she arrived I called the hotel to ask if they could put the flowers I sent to the hotel in her room. Hugo B answered the phone and was so accommodating and reassuring. The flowers were there waiting for her as a total surprise, not to mention Hugo B refused my offer to pay him. When I showed up, we had a room change. Hugo B again went above and beyond, upgrading us to an ocean view. Jimmy was also a stand-out. He helped me check in and move rooms all within 30 minutes. He was very friendly. They both made me feel at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristos W-
Thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It makes me very proud when we create positive memories for our guests. Both Hugo and Jimmy go above and beyond and we are very thankful that you chose our hotel for your special getaway. I will share your comments with both Hugo and Jimmy and recognize them accordingly for their contributions to your experience. Thanks again and we hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Santa Monica.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel has long been a favorite of my wife and I ... Recently it was purchased by Le Meridien and I can't tell you how fantastic the service was .. we went for a one day get away and wound up staying two days because of how fantastic it was.
On arrival the front desk person DJ ( Delidji ) was super friendly and helpful and hooked us up with a fabulous ocean view room .. he even called later to follow up .. all the staff DJ, Steven , Hugo and Vanessa where all super awesome !! Thank you all :-0

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenSowards, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Tony F-
Thank you very much for the kind words about the team at the Front Office. I will share your comments and recognize DJ, Vanessa, Hugo, and Steven accordingly. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time and we look forward to seeing you again in Santa Monica….

Stephen Sowards

Been to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica? Share your experiences!