This hotel is OK as a three-star hotel, but struggling as a 4-star hotel. You will feel disappointed if you pay 4-star prices. We got it on a Hotwire special discount and felt that it was about worth the heavily discounted price we paid, which was about what a normal 2-3 star hotel would have cost in Santa Monica.
Nothing is really terrible, but there's nothing that great, either. The lobby/bar and pool area are the highlights. The rooms are average three-star hotel rooms with nothing special about the bathrooms, linens, appliances, lighting, etc. All the artwork is identical in all the rooms. There are tiny balconies that are good for a breath of fresh air but nothing more. The building itself is old and tired, with low internal ceilings and an ugly yellow concrete facade.
The worst part about this hotel is the location, which is very inferior to other 4-star hotels in the area. It's a very long walk to the waterfront and the shopping arcade that involves crossing a lot of busy and noisy streets (including a freeway to get to the shopping area).
The hotel advertises complementary overnight parking, but we never once were able to get a stall because the small number of available spots were always taken. Instead you have to valet for $32 per day.
The service and staff are very good and professional-- no complaints there. The restaurant is crap and not worth visiting with so many good options around outside the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica (formerly Sheraton Delfina) offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica’s engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area’s main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica.The guest rooms and suites have been thoughtfully redesigned and many offer private balconies with expansive views over the Pacific Ocean or the city skyline. The rooms and suites have a relaxed and sophisticated décor, and feature the amenities needed for modern life, including oversized desks and high-speed Internet access. All accommodations are 100% non-smoking, and offer Le Méridien Platform beds, in-room coffee makers and mini refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.