I stayed at the Sheraton Delfina in October 2012 with my partner on a recent trip to California. We wanted to stay near Santa Monica and the rates for this hotel were very reasonable.
The building itself looks quite tired from the outside. After a recent renovation you can tell that they have tried to make the hotel look as modern as possible and the entrance/lobby area's really show this, but the outside of the hotel could do with a lick of paint, especially the balcony railings which were peeling.
When we arrived we were greeted by some very friendly Valet staff. They were very helpful and were always pleasant and friendly during our stay. When we checked in our room was not ready so we had to wait around 20 minutes in the lobby, but once we were checked in we had been upgraded to an oceanview room with extended balcony. This was a great touch and the views from the room were magnificent.
Our hotel room itself, although recently undergone a refurb, was still quick old looking. The Bathroom was quite depressing and dark and the balcony sliding door/window was single glazed and falling apart. Incidently, in the parking lot there were lots of brand new double glazed doors and windows so I can only imagine the hotel are still in the process of replacing these.
Of no fault of the hotels, there was building work going on right next to the hotel, right outside our balcony. When Monday morning arrived we were woken up at a ridiculous hour when the builders turned up for work. Hopefully when the single glazed windows are replaced it will become more quiet.
The Club Lounge is a great touch. Very friendly staff and a great selection of pastries, cereals etc for breakfast.
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Santa Monica beach and 3rd street where there are fantastic shops and restaurants. I would not recommend walking this at night though as it can be quite a scary place to walk when you dont know the area so either drive or get a taxi. A taxi from the hotel to 3rd street was about $14. A great restaurant on 3rd street is Barney's Beanery. There is also a Barney's Beanery on Hollywood Blvd which I would definitely recommend.
There is free self parking at the hotel but the spaces are limited, so if you arrive at the hotel late at night then be prepared to Valet park.
There is Free WiFi in the lobby area, which is a great place to chill out when you get back to the hotel in the evening and have a nice beer while lounging on the sofa's!
There are a few exclusive hotels on the Santa Monica front but I could definitely not fault the Sheraton for the price. The staff were fantastic, every one of them! I realise there is nothing the hotel could do with the building work next door but I'm sure the building work has probably completed by now and the double glazed windows and doors have been fitted (if they were meant for the hotel).
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying around the Santa Monica area and if you can get an oceanview room then the views are magnificent!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Delfina Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Santa Monica
- Sheraton Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Sheraton
- Sheraton Delfina
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, feel inspired at the Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel. Whether you’re visiting for a business trip, dramatic event, or coastal getaway, you’re certain to enjoy a warm welcome to our neighborhood.Kick back and relax in one of our 310 thoughtfully redesigned guest rooms and suites. Enjoy inspiring views from your private balcony, and stay connected with High Speed Internet Access. Newly imagined meeting facilities combine breathtaking coastline views with great cuisine and high standards of service.Overlooking Santa Monica, the mountains, and the Pacific Ocean, our impressive setting is inspiring. Swim and surf through the crashing ocean waves with your family or recharge at our fitness center, open all day and night. You’ll also find golf, tennis, rollerblading, and sailing right in our own backyard.Enjoy a relaxed beach attitude and total comfort at the Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Amex, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.