“bday dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Description: New restaurant near the walking mall in Santa Monica CA
Huntington Beach, California
“bday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

the dinner and drinks here are amazing. must get the bacon wrapped dates and punch bowl. I came here celebrating a friends bday

Visited September 2013

Santa Monica, California
“Service is Falling Off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have always loved The Misfit. The food is FANTASTIC - location (block from the Pacific Ocean) can't be beat - decor is awesome. But the last 3 visits have been mystifying to me - the service is getting worse and worse with each visit.

Recently during a visit with another couple, the service was so slow that the manager comped us a round of drinks without us even having to ask - she saw us there an hour after seating without an order being taken. The last visit with a friend became weird when three servers in our area actually fought with each other in front of us about who dropped the ball with our order. I asked 3 times for a coffee refill for my friend and finally gave up and just paid the check. No one even noticed that we were miffed.

The service used to be great - I don't know what's happening there - maybe they are having issues with management/staff, but I sure hope they get it together. We love going in there and I would like to change this review to 5 stars - what they used to deserve.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Chicken. Get the chicken.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I recently tried to find the best friend chicken west of the four-hundred-and-five in West LA. With no Roscoe's to easily scoop up the win, I tried just about everyplace I could find. The Misfit (where I happily now pay the light bill), took the honors (and still holds them).

Solid drinks. Good crowd. Great place.

Cons: can be packed, which means there can be a wait. Can be loud when packed. Seriously, big deal though.

Pros: Fried Chicken. Reasonable whiskey selection. Good drinks in general. Great vibe. And the dates. Get the dates.

Visited November 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Sunday Brunch with the Dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. Fascinating fresh menu with local and organic choices. They are dog friendly and the service rates an 11!
We had cocktails, Ahi Burger, fries and the Prime Rib Dip Nik Niks (sliders). Everything was so good, we are going back tomorrow to try brunch again with an egg and vegetarian dish!

Los Angeles, California
“Great cocktails & American Bar Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a local go-to for me that provides a lively scene and good food. The salads are great, but the lobster sliders and the mound of shoestring fries are a perennial favorite.

Visited October 2013