“Believe all the good reviews!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 55 Activities in Santa Monica
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Amazing Santa Monica Race is part scavenger hunt, part reality show, part self-guided tour, part race and all fun. The Amazing Santa Monica Race is a competitive sight seeing tour where racers get to have a reality show experience, racing against others while they get to see parts of Santa Monica and funky, gritty Venice Beach. It's the most unique sight-seeing tour in the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
California
4 attraction reviews
“Believe all the good reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was the most fun I've had in a long time. I've traveled around the world and have done zip-lining, kayaking, ATVs, etc...but this was the best and I want to do all the other Amazing Races out there.

You get a good work out running around for a few hours...so if you are going to do this with kids or elderly people you're going to want to have at least one person who's in shape and good at figuring out clues to run to the next clue....but if you're not too concerned about being "first" which you really don't have to be because solving the clues and moving around is fun enough...then don't worry about it.

Tips:

Definitely bring water...a snack if you need it. You won't have time to stop for anything because you'll be too busy going from clue to clue.

Don't be afraid to ask the vendors around the area for tips before the race starts to get some preliminary clues...we did and it REALLY helped.

Make sure you take the bus! A team in our race got penalized because they took a cab and another team told on them. I'm only saying this because they don't make that clear in the beginning.

Don't over think the clues. We got stopped when we tried to make things up rather than just looking at what was right in front of us. The answers are a lot more obvious than you might think.

Have fun!

Visited May 2012

1000 oaks, ca
16 attraction reviews
“We won.........last place, but scored the highest for laughs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you're looking for something totally different to do, you've stumbled upon the perfect outing!
I ran the race with a girlfriend from out of town. Neither of us were very familiar with the Santa Monica/Venice area, but that truly doesn't matter. We felt the clues were a little difficult, and found ourselves calling in to Elizabeth (the group coordinator) quite often to get clues.....so don't forget your cell phone. Elizabeth was just so awesome and fun, it just made us laugh even more.
I would definitely recommend a backpack and a clipboard. Also, the day we did it, it was predicted to be 90 degrees, well Santa Monica never got the memo and it was 55 and overcast.
Therefore, bring a jacket regardless! I could go on about this, but suffice to say, I enjoyed it so much that I will be signing up for the Amazing Race Los Angeles. Have fun!

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Really Amazing Race!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and friends did the Amazing Race Santa Monica, and it really was amazing fun. Our host Mitch was entertaining and a great resource when we were a bit clueless . It was exhilarating, frustrating and totally mind boggling all at the same time.We were totally exhausted by the end of it, but it was worth every minute.
My advice is bring water and snacks, and have a lemon drop martini or two at the end to celebrate!

Visited April 2012
Covina, California
“Extremely Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I did the race with our friends (another couple) and had a BLAST! It was a lot of fun. Expect to do a lot of running, unless you don't care about winning. Highly recommend it. GOOD LUCK!

Visited March 2012
Modesto, California
“A fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

It was a fun race that showed us around the area. It is perfect for people that are unfamiliar with the area. You do have to have common sense and it is not intended for air heads.

Visited March 2012