“Don't even bother staying anywhere else in Santa Monica...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oceana Beach Club Hotel

Save Saved
You added Oceana Beach Club Hotel to your Saves list
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   849 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Formerly Hotel Oceana Santa Monica)   |
Ranked #13 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't even bother staying anywhere else in Santa Monica...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

i've stayed here numerous times while working in Hollywood and Santa Monica.
the location is wonderful, just across the street from the ocean, but when you're there, you feel like you're in someone's beautiful backyard, with chaises around the pool, comfy seating everywhere and a fireplace on chilly nights. When I come back after a long day, I feel like I'm home (only better!)...the rooms are luxuriously comfortable, the staff treats you like family... they actually know your name. And the breakfast buffet is just wonderful. It truly is the best.

Room Tip: The poolside suites are heaven.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear ep416,

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
I am excited to learn that you continue to enjoy our hotel as your home away from home when travelling to the Los Angeles area. We certainly strive to provide an ambiance where our guests can relax after a long day of work and is wonderful to hear from you when we achieve just that.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights and this hotel exceeded our already high expectations. We were travelling with a six month old and the staff was more than accommodating. Our suite was spacious (what a view!) and the perfect set up for travelling with a baby, with it's separate bedroom. We loved the location, close enough to enjoy the action, but far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with very friendly and helpful service. I can't think of anything negative to say...we enjoyed every minute of our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travells338,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
I was thrilled to learn that you and your family truly enjoyed every aspect of our home from the facilities to the Food and Beverage as well as the service our dedicated team members are providing each and every day.
We too cannot wait to welcome you back here at the Oceana for your next trip to the Santa Monica area.

Warmest regards,

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed her for a few days with husband and 3 kids while visiting friends. Rooms are lovely and spacious. Service was excellent and the hotel staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was just right. Our three young boys enjoyed the pool and were made to feel at home (they wanted to know if we could live here). Easy access to Santa Monica beach as ramp down to beach is across the street. Plan to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Martha K,

Thank you for your time to review your most recent stay at the Ocean Beach Club Hotel. I am excited to learn that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your retreat at our home. I certainly will share your kind comments with our team members as they do strive on creating these memorable moments to all of our guests.

All of us here at the Oceana are looking forward to welcoming you back here in the very near future so you and your 3 boys can once again enjoy our tranquil oasis.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at the Oceana with five friends and family members for my birthday. I love the quieter location north of central Santa Monica. The staff was wonderful and accommodated everyone's needs. The rooms were beautiful and we also enjoyed the pool. Because it is on a main street I knew it wouldn't be perfectly quiet and called ahead of time for the best room location. While there was definitely street noise and air system, I found a good compromise. It's pricey but I believe this hotel is better vaue than others in the area.

Room Tip: I was told top floor, se corner was quietest and that's where I chose a room. Lane is less noisy...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear historianK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel.
It is wonderful to hear that you and your friends and family members had such a great time with us and we were able to contribute to making your birthday a memorable one.

I am definitely looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again to our home at the Oceana.

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for a four day break and plan on returning. Although our room did not have a view, it was so spacious and comfortable that we never gave it a second thought. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast at the pool is a luxury and the free bikes allow you to roam the ocean and towns at your leisure. Great place for work or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear torts58,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. I am thrilled to learn you have been able to relax at our hotel and enjoyed our fantastic atmosphere at the pool.
I am also happy to report that since your last visit at the Oceana in September 2012, we have remodeled our public areas of the hotel and have opened a new restaurant called Tower 8 which features California Coastal Cuisine by renowned chef Josiah Citrin.
I am very much looking forward to your return visit to our home so that you can once again enjoy our soothing facilities and the surrounding areas of Santa Monica.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a room with a view over the bay and walkway. So much better to stay here rather than downtown LA. Most of the tourist attractions are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.
Beautifully decorated large room with all the comforts. Ample packing space, large kingsize bed, great shower and really large soft towels all contribute to a very comfortable stay. We had our own thumb sized resident humming bird outside our side window entertaining us everymorning.

The service is excellent and the friendly and efficient valets are on duty until 11pm. We really felt sorry for these guys being out in the cold so late at night, but when you approach the front door they are there to open it for you and to park or pull your vehicle. Really enjoyed Mike who is always running and is a source of information for a tourist. Could even give me information on rental returns at LAX.
There are many good restaurants within walking distance.
The third street prominade and Santa Monica pier is within walking distance.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
January 18, 2013

Dear JacoCI,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel. I am excited to learn you have thoroughly enjoyed not only our facilities but more importantly our service.
As a hotel we thrive to deliver excellence in every interaction with our guests to make each moment a memorable one. I am glad to see that Mike in particular went out of his way to enhance your stay with us. He is an exemplary team member of the Oceana and I certainly will share your wonderful comments with him and the rest of our team.

And it looks like we had an extra "employee" on hand to create this extra special touch for you each morning. These hummingbirds are truly amazing.

I am looking very much forward to welcoming you back to the Oceana in the very near future whenever your travels bring you back to the Los Angeles Area.

marin county
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times...this time they were remodeling which felt like we were staying in a construction zone. They had warned me about this so it was fine. The bed was delicious, very comfortable with soft linens. Room and bathroom were huge and very nicely decorated. . If it wasn't so expensive, I would go for a room with a view. The service at check in and check out was very friendly and not snobby at all even though we pulled up in our beat up minivan -this is a hip place in SM. The only complaints I have are 1. They nickel and dime you, charge you for extras ($50 for a rollaway! $36 for parking, $22 for a room fee) and room service wasn't very good, our eggs were rubbery and cold (and $18). I love the hotel despite my complaints, it's good with a family in tow but could also be romantic without them.

• Stayed December 2012
CMoje, General Manager at Oceana Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear DecafCapp

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your recent stay at the Oceana. I appreciate your time to share your feedback about your experience at our home.

I am thrilled to learn you have enjoyed our facilities and rooms very much. Now that we are putting the final touches to our renovation of the public areas you will find the overall ambiance even more relaxing.
In addition I am excited to inform you that we have finally opened our newly renovated restaurant "Tower 8" which features a California Coastal Cuisine by renowned chef Josiah Citrin who has created a complete new menu for us which will address your concerns in regards to the food quality.

I am very much looking forward to your return visit to the Oceana and hope that I can personally show you around.

Christoph Moje

Been to Oceana Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!