I am from Philly and this "motel" was referred by a friend who lives in Santa Monica. Not knowing the area at all, I'm so glad I chose this place to stay. I am also a girl who enjoys the finer things in life, but I'm not a snob. I've stayed in a penthouse in Vegas and a Holiday Inn.
1. Location: it is exactly in the middle of Santa Monica Pier/3rd Street Promenade and Venice Beach. I was also given the option to stay at Sea View which is much closer to Pier, but that part is more downtown/congested/loud. Even though it is only 10 min walk away. The Sea Shore is family owned, like many businesses on Main street here. The shops and restaurants are great!! Amelia's was closed for vacation but I'm sure it's great, sorry we missed it. La Vecchia Italian restaraunt was amazing and I'm used to south Philly Italian BYOB's!! The Victorian directly across the street played music for outside dining/ great happy hour and the lot hosted a food truck festival Tuesday night and Sunday was the farmers market with pony rides for the kids. This neighborhood is fantastic and friendly!!! It's also a easy access to highways to Hollywood/LAX/405 to Laguna/San Diego.
2. Room: This is a motel, so I think some people had way to high of expectations. With that said it was clean, the beds were comfy and the maid service was fantastic. I stayed upstairs in room #19 which was just outside the upper deck. No noise issues at all.
3. Service: The staff and Tom were very helpful. Upon check in he gave me a map and circled the hot spots. He will set up any touristy things for you and he also provided beach towels and asked if my daughter and I wanted any sand toys too!! This is like the mom and pop places I grew up with. You can't find these hidden secrets too often!!
4. Parking: Free parking in rear. It was safe and there was always a spot for my rental car and I stayed a full week!!!
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shore Hotel Santa Monica
- Sea Shore Hotel
- Sea Shore Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms feature terra-cotta tile floors, refrigerators, air conditioning, cable TV, granite counter tops and more. We have a sun deck and an on-site restaurant and Laundromat. All our rooms are non-smoking. We offer free parking in our own parking lot. We are located within walking distance to all Santa Monica attractions and within a 1/2 hour drive to all Los Angeles attractions. Plus, we're only TWO SHORT BLOCKS from Santa Monica's famous white sand beach. Along historic and charming Main Street are numerous restaurants, art galleries, museums, dress shops, coffee shops, and more. A 2 night minimum stay is required on weekends and holidays. ... more less