“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Milano
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Clean, comfortable, good loacation (5 min by car to Santa Monica Pier), reasonable rates.
Staff friendly and correct; normally check out is 11:00 am, but my request were to stay in room untill 1:00 pm. Manager agrees with no charge.
Internet works well. Parking free. Free coffee from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your review which has full of points and info. We appreciate your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Monterey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

This is seriously the worst motel experience I have ever had!! My boyfriend & I got to the hotel around midnight, it was late, we were tired & just wanted a cheap place to stay. We went to lobby to check in & there was no one in sight, we rang the bell twice for service & no answer. We waited about 5 minutes & then we just sat down in our car about to leave to go somewhere else, we get a knock on our car window (creepy) "oh you need room?" So we said ok & checked in. We got into our room, we were on the bottom floor, room 34. Immeadiately we hear the people above us partying & this went on all throughout the night. Everything echoes! We finally start to fall asleep & around 2 a.m. I am awakened by my boyfriend who looks like he has just seen death. I ask him "what's wrong?" He tells me "oh, you don't even want to know!" He proceeds to tell me that their is a cockroach in our bed! At this point, I"m screaming, freaked out & don't want to stay there! It had crawled on me while I was sleeping, crawled onto his bare chest & he flung it off, it attached itself to the side of the bed & he tried to kill it with his shoe, but it wouldn't die so he picked it up with a tissue & flushed it down the toilet! Mind you right above the toilet paper, it looks like there were a bunch of pubic hairs! Ewww!! We immediately went up to the front desk, told the manager what happened, requesting a refund & he basically told us that he could not authorize us a refund & that we would need to talk to the owner, who would be in @ 8 a.m. We insisted that the owner come down here immeadiately & resolve this issue, but he said that there is nothing I can do for you! I wanted to leave, but we decide to stick it out till the morning, I did not sleep @ all, I was so paranoid that there would be more cockroaches! We check out the next morning & speak with the owner & he had the nerve to ask us if we saved it? Why would we save it? We don't want it in our room & plus we tried to kill it & it wouldn't die, I don't want a live cockroach in my room all night!! You are out of your mind!! He insisted that they keep the motel very clean (which it was clearly not!) & that they have bug people come out & spray which is some b.s!! He would not refund us our money, he said the best he can do is give us 20% off the next time we stay there, which obviously we will never go back there!! Ewww!! Pay the extra few bucks & stay @ the travel lodge on Pico!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
oceanparkinn, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
In hotel business we always have guests who are not happy one way or another. We do have a policy of refund with in ten minutes of stay for any reason . We do not even ask. But if there is any deficiency from our part like this guest claim we will refund fully with a sincere apology. But this guests simply claimed that there was one roach which was killed by them and then they stayed the whole night. We always insist that the guest see the room before checking in.
Thank You.
Bruxelles, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stopped there as it was late and we did not have any reservation. However, we quickly realized that the place needs to be refreshed and renewed. Everything looks old and dated. Bed was not comforttable. Some things were not working. Finally, no breakfast at all was served.
It has a open-air parking though. All in all, I would never stay there
again.

Stayed August 2007
Most of the hotels in Santa Monica have open parking and some of them charge for parking which we do not. We do have two wings - one is new and one is old . The old wing is also being renovated one room at a time. We do not serve breakfast but we serve complimentary
Colombian coffee in the lobby every morning. Thank You.
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

Within 30 minutes of our check-in, we discovered that the sheets had crumbs on them. Although we inspected the room prior to check-in, we did not check the sheets. I assumed that the sheets would be clean. We were not comfortable staying in a hotel with physical debris on the sheets, as this indicates that there are also less visible signs of contamination/debris/dirt. When we approached the clerk working at the hotel (name: Dexter), he would not resolve the matter by refunding our money. He dealt with our request to not stay there with sarcasm and contempt. While he offered us an alternate room, we were not comfortable staying at a hotel with physicial debris in the sheets. Dexter threatened to tell his Manager, Nick, that we were actually in the room for 45 minutes, while it was clearly less than 30 minutes (the time including the dispute was approx. 45 minutes). When I spoke with the manager two days later, he disputed that there was anything wrong with the room and challenged me to try to get my money back. At this time, he indicated he is the owner. I have never experienced unclean sheets in a hotel/motel room. I am offended by the treatment that I and my husband received by the staff and owner. We just want our money back.

I have not yet received a refund of the amount we were charged ($85.00) for a room we did not stay in. In addition, I was told by the owner that others have tried to get their money back, unsuccessfully. Interestingly, the internet address and e-mail address they provided to us via their business card are inactive and they do not have voicemail on their telephone recording. I think this is an owner/manager who has no regard for consumers and has immoral business practices that trickle down to his staff members. He should be investigated as I assume there are many others who have had a similar experience and did not receive a refund.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything was dismal; we paid for a room that we didn't stay in. Worst motel and customer service experience ever.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We do have a policy of showing rooms before checking in and also refund with in 10 minutes and no question will be asked and the payment will be fully refunded. Unfortunately some people use the room fully including bathroom and the shower and then expect a refund.
Thank you.
St. George Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I have to say that i am confused with the other reviews. This is my second time staying at the Ocean Park Inn on Lincoln BLVD. I stayed here last July as well. No this is not a fancy 5 star hotel with room service and valet but hell people it's only $85 night. Just like last year the room is clean and stocked with towels, soap, pillows, a fridge and the basics. I have a TV a dresser a chair and a closet. I am sitting in my room right now. Room 36. The staff has always been very nice and helpful when I have asked anything. Not once have they ever been rude. Last year we had a lot of trouble finding a room at midnight. We had stayed in a [--] hole room, in a different hotel the night before, where we didn't dare walk around without shoes or use the shower. My best friend woke up with bug bites all over her legs, it was such a relief finding this hotel the next day. The room is clean, smells fine and the staff is courteous. If you have any questions or want to confrm I am a real person and customer please email me jordanrr1983@yahoo.com

• Liked — It was clean and cheap
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
resthavenmotel, General Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Your Comments truly are appreciated by the staffs at Ocean Park Inn. Our staffs are working very hard to satisfy our guests. We know that we are not perfect but we are open to any reasonable suggestion. Thank you
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

I stayed 1 night, didn't want to drive home 40 mins after a few drinks. The manager is friendly and when I asked him when checkout time is he actually asked me what time I want, I told him 1PM and he said fine. The place itself is pretty much a hole. It was fairly clean, I didn't do any kind of thorough inspection, but the place is shabby at best. The toilet seat probably cost them 5 bucks, and it was about to break off. There were people talking out front alot, so noise was a bit of a factor. But, I needed a place to crash, and it served that purpose. My biggest complaint is that it cost me 90 bucks. It's still cheap for the area, but overpriced for what you get. If you're looking for 5 stars, this aint the place to stay. If you just want a bed and a shower, it works.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you for taking a time and post this review. We care for any review , bad or good we know that we can improve from it.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2006

I booked this hotel for five people because we were on a strict budget. The hotel was awful - despite the fact I was assured it was a very nice, clean hotel. There was urine on the floor and hairballs in the bathroom. When I made the reservations the hotel clerks explained that the hotel was a very nice, clean hotel. It was not. It was not at all a bargain. Sleeping in your car might be preferable - at least you know what's been there before you!

Stayed February 2006
On a average we check in about 60 guests per day and majority of them are very satisfied guests. We love to keep every one happy but we know it is a very difficult task. Some of allegations on this review is completely untrue. Please see the room first before renting it.

Been to Ocean Park Inn? Share your experiences!