We stayed in an ocean view room which was very sumptuous. The bed so tall you needed to take a running jump to get on to it and such a soft landing. Two balconies with the most glorious views of Santa Monica beach and pier. Bathroom has big jacuzzi bath with candles if your feeling romantic, tv if you want to get some space to yourself!
Lounge comfy and glamorous. Very LA. Beautiful people doing deals over expensive drinks. Good restaurant and we spotted a hollywood star in there of course. Very attentive service - a bit much sometimes for a Brit but maybe easier for the Americans.
Rent a bike - well worth it. The coastal path is easy and safe. A short cycle to Venice beach and all it's glory.
Needless to say - expensive. But what would you expect?
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Beach Hotel Santa Monica
- Shutters Beach
- Shutters On The Beach Hotel
- Shutters Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shutters on the Beach is more than just a spectacular place to stay, it’s the epitome of Southern California’s breezy lifestyle. This captivating hotel is located directly on the sand and within walking distance of the area’s biggest attractions including the Santa Monica Pier and hundreds of shops and restaurants. For business or pleasure, this quintessential beachfront hideaway is known as the place the high-profile go to be low-profile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shutters on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.