My wife and i stayed here in early November for a few days visiting friends going to the Breeders Cup. Our first visit to Santa Monica. Shutters is certainly a very nice spot. Great location. Great facility and decent service. While the rooms are nicely done with a cottage/homey feel, they are quite small -- at least ours was. So while it is no doubt a very nice spot, I'm not sure its worth the price. I'm not an expert on the local hotel rates etc, but that's just my opinion from staying at luxury spots all over US. One thing that i found annoying -- the bar area in the main lobby was a zoo and very loud the couple of days we were there. It's very nice, but you can hardly have a conversation. Overall -- it's a wonderful spot and a great location -- nice, but small room, and perhaps a bit pricey for what it is.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Beach Hotel Santa Monica
- Shutters Beach
- Shutters On The Beach Hotel
- Shutters Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shutters on the Beach is more than just a spectacular place to stay, it’s the epitome of Southern California’s breezy lifestyle. This captivating hotel is located directly on the sand and within walking distance of the area’s biggest attractions including the Santa Monica Pier and hundreds of shops and restaurants. For business or pleasure, this quintessential beachfront hideaway is known as the place the high-profile go to be low-profile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shutters on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.