“Wonderful Evening Meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of R+D Kitchen

R+D Kitchen
1323 Montana Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Santa Monica)
310-395-3314
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Nottingham
“Wonderful Evening Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As a family of four we went for an evening meal. A great choice of menu for all of us and the food was excellent. The place had some formality of an adults restaurant but it blended in our two teenagers and other diners children. An excellent place if you are a couple or a family.

Visited August 2013

fl
“Solid food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Terrific food in a lively and a bit loud environment. Service friendly and fast. Very trendy decor. Probably a bit overpriced -- 120$ for a burger, omlette, spaghetti, 2 beers and two desserts and some chips Still, no corners cut.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Monica
“You better BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

That is bring your own bread. Place is busy even on Mondays. Food is good nice tasty but when I asked for bread was like I was asking indonesian lobster or something. They were surprised ! A nice juicy chicken plate and no bread ! Finally after I gazed my food trying not to eat it until the bread comes but still half on the plate I ate because it seemed that they went to get the flour to prepare it ! Bread charge 1.50. So if you like to enjoy your juicy food with bread ask and receive the bread first and then deal with the food. If you dont want to deal with the bread shenanagans then get a sandwich.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a great place - good ambience and in an interesting area of Santa Monica, not far from the beach and ocean but it might as well be a thousand miles away, the atmosphere is so different. The layout of the restaurant is mostly booths, with plenty of space for intimate conversations, whether business or personal. A good choice on the menu (I was there for lunch), great taste and presentation when the food came, and excellent service. And since we'd waited longer than they aim for between ordering and food at the table, we didn't pay for it! Not that I had noticed the slow service - maybe because I and my companion were engaged in good conversation, but more likely because I've been living in the UK for a while where poor service is the norm. So what's not to like about a place that serves good food, with a smile, then gives you it for free? You've gotta know it makes good business sense though, as I'll certainly be back and now you all know this you'll probably head there as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Amazing Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had a few hours to kill between appointments and was going to try "Father's Office" for lunch but lucky for me they are not open for lunch. I noticed this restaurant in trip advisor and thought I'd give it a shot. Great atmosphere. Nice touch with the rowing shell suspended from the ceiling. I ate at the bar and ordered the cheese burger Medium. It was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. There was a smokey sort of bbq sauce on it that sent the whole thing off the charts. Not the cheapest burger in town but definitely worth the money in my book. I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere