“Horrible place. Do Not Stay Here!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Rose Garden Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1007 East Main Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Santa Maria
Torrance, California
“Horrible place. Do Not Stay Here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I wish I would have check out the YELP rating before I booked this Hotel. The room was outdated, run down and dirty. We arrived pretty late in the night, but it was so dusty, I was coughing all night. I have asthma so used my inhalers throughout the night. First thing in the morning about 7:00 am we informed the front desk, which he failed to do anything. So we told him we could not stay the second night and requested to check out early due to the dust and me feeling super sick from the dust. My friend who stayed with us that night and does not have asthma, got sick after staying here with a respiratory infection.

They refused to give us a refund because we booked through priceline, booking.com. When I spoke to the manager about the situation, he said I could get a refund if I called priceline, booking.com directly, which I did. When priceline booking.com spoke to the manager, he refused to refund the second night although we had checked out early that morning.

Terrible customer service. I think it is a family owned business and the Adult Children don't know how to provide good customer service. I agree the bathroom was horrible also, Rust, mildew, peeling paint. !HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE! I also would have given a "Zero" rating if I could. It was really bad, not worth the price. This hotel should be knocked down and rebuilt. The health department should take a look and the unhealthy conditions

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Krakow, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I found that hotel cause I need a place just for one night for me and my friends. It wasnt the best choice I could do. We arrive at night, it was pretty cold outside but guy from the reception let us stay outside over 20 minutes to fill all documents for the group. Rooms and bathrooms were dirty and old. For breakfast there were only pancakes and one table!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room was filthy. Burn marks around bathtub, holes in the walls, crayon marks on the walls, something red smeared on the walls and only God knows what the stains were on the carpet. YUCK! The woman in the office was rude, it goes on and on.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Due to a family emergency in Santa Maria we ended up booking this hotel since it seems nice from the pictures, easy freeway access and modest price. From the outside it looked decent, but when we entered our rooms we were very dissapointed to find dirty, old rugs and beat up furnishings. Their so called "breakfast" was a joke: a very small area with dry cheap cereals and pastries. People bumping into each other to get the food. Avoid this hotel if at all possible.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you comit to a stay and read the reviews.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

You're staying in a motel - not The Ritz!

We had no accom planned and stumbled on this place - good value and is fine for a night's stay.
Free Wi-Fi, Swimming pool looked nice but we arrived late, breakfast is good, lovely waffles and coffee/juices/pastries/fruit etc
Rooms are OK - granted could be a bit more brighter and lighter but would recommend this place for a place to rest the head. Plenty of food places (mostly fast food!) nearby
Superb service at reception

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were in town for our state boards me and 2 other girls. Weren't looking for super luxurious hotel just something we could afford. We arrived at 5 pm after an 8 hour drive from redding, ca and the room was not ready! Check in was at 3! Was not happy. Finally after 20 minutes of waiting for the room to be cleaned, we went in and were absolutely disgusted with this room. Old ratty furniture. A/c was not on fridge was not plugged in. Bathroom was so disgusting! Did not even want to shower or go to the bathroom. They tried to fix the window with duct tape. Wow. The door had gaps in it could see the sidewalk with the door closed. Didn't even lock. The guest room door didn't lock either. Beds had stains on sheets. No towels in the room. Room smelled really bad. Front desk guy was rude and acted shocked that the room was so bad. Needless to say, we got there at 5 and were out by 545. We were not staying there. The neighborhood is very sketchy and didn't feel safe. Left and got our full refund because we booked with Expedia. We paid $140 for this room. Got the last room left at the Aloha Inn for the same price and was 1000 times better! I recommend Aloha inn!

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were traveling down from San Francisco and tried to avoid staying in a big city. This hotel was worth its money. It was decent, quiet, extremely close to the high way and clean.
If you wanna have a luxury stay, do not choose this hotel. We chose it to be quickly back on the road, and again: that's absolutely ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rose Garden Inn? Share your experiences!