“Enough for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Rose Garden Inn to your Saves list
Rose Garden Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1007 East Main Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in Santa Maria
“Enough for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were traveling down from San Francisco and tried to avoid staying in a big city. This hotel was worth its money. It was decent, quiet, extremely close to the high way and clean.
If you wanna have a luxury stay, do not choose this hotel. We chose it to be quickly back on the road, and again: that's absolutely ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Looks are very deceiving, the outside gives you a pleasant feeling. You walk in to your room and all that changes. Filth, poor maintenance, and extremely old furniture, beds, linens, fixtures and carpet. Would not recommend to anyone. Please do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
Maisieres
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived late and were given a "smokers room" As this was the last family room, we did some serious venting, and it was ok. But the room was horrible. Wet and damp patches in the bathroom, even big holes around the tub. Carpet was very stained and not clean at all. The mattresses were disgusting, in daylight we realised how low a standard this was. The mattresses were extremely stained and even in some places the stuffing came through. This room is not fit for somebody to stay in.

Room Tip: At all costs avoid room number 143!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Came into Santa Maria for a wedding. Other places were booked that we wanted to stay, buy if I could turn back time I would have either paid more to stay in town or booked at a nearby town. I booked a king bed and got a queen. We told him we had a small dog at the time of booking over the phone and then when we arrived I listed it at check in and when checking out he brought it up and said I owed him 10 bucks. The free WiFi didn't even work on my brand new phone so I used my own data. They weren't friendly at any point and so cheap that they unplug everything including the fridge. The furniture is super old and ratty. My wife suggested I wear sandals to take a shower and the 2 in 1 shampoo condition gave me dandruff gross. Thanks for the worst experience ever.

• Stayed June 2013
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is old and shows it. The ice machine looks like you could catch something from it. The carpet was stained everywhere, the bathroom had a smell of wet dog, the bed was fine however the sheets were flat sheets wrapped around the bottom mattress. The a/c unit was not on when we arrived in June, so it was unpleasant for awhile. The refrigerator was not plugged up and took hours to cool and likewise to cool our beverages. The sink drain did not drain quickly so washing your face was either with super low flow water or super fast as not to overfill the basin. we stayed on the second floor and there is no elevator. The bathroom was so bad that my husband and I just looked inside and decided we could wait until we go to San Fransisco.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room here, maybe request one that was just cleaned as maybe the a/c will ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I and several ladies stayed at this motel in the middle of January 2013. I can only speak for myself about this Inn. The bathroom was horrible. Inside the shower, ( the door could not be closed ) there was rust all around where old fixtures had once been mounted and caulking around seams did not even begin to cover all the black mold growing there.. I had to run the water at least 15 minutes before it got warm enough to wash my face. There was rust all around the sink as well. Needless to say, It was very unpleasant to stay there.

Room Tip: I honestly can't give any positive tips. I wish I had taken photos, to back up my comments.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Rose Garden is a terrible motel. We checked in at 4pm and were in a hurry to see family at an assisted living home. We got back at 10pm to shower and sleep only to find the shower did not work as the handle would not turn the valve stem. As we looked about the room, the floor had oil stains and the bathroom caulk and floor molding was dark and coming apart. When we checked out at 8am we asked for a refund but were given none, being told we should have called the desk at 10pm to let them know that the shower didn't work. This is not a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Always look at reviews. If only one is very negative, don't go to that motel/hotel. When ge...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rose Garden Inn? Share your experiences!