“Clean, comfortable, BUT....” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Santa Maria
“Clean, comfortable, BUT....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The room was clean and nice. My biggest complaint would be the lighting. Very dark. One small lamp over desk and one on bedside table which we had to unplug to plug in husbands Capp machine. That would be my other complaint, not enough plugins by the bed! I couldn't even read like I do at night. The grounds were nice and they were installing new carpets. Right next door to IHOP which is great to eat at. Breakfast was good. It would be nice if Quality Inns would not all serve the same thing. After staying in a Quality inn for 4 nights we were more than ready for something different to eat for breakfast. The staff was very nice and friendly.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Made a reservation through Cheaptickets , but when we came to the hotel (around 10 pm, were met with a frazzled employee who said that cleaning people didn't finish cleaning that day and that I can go check out my room but most likely won't be clean - and it wasn't! No other rooms, no other help, we were left stranded on Memorial Day weekend , 10pm. Couldn't give is refuund either, although we were able to get that next day through the Cheaptickets website. When called the hotel for apology and compensation, all we got from the manager was "too bad, u weren't the only ones affected"- comforting. No credit, nothing. Absolutely worse experience. Things happen but they knew about this and shouldn't have taken a reservation after cleaning people flaked.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

Made reservation for pet friendly room previous night. Room we were given on arrival had ripped window covering, gaping hole. (No exaggeration here folks). Carpet covered with dozens of pet stains, some small, some very large. In my opinion it was not suitable for habitation, human or otherwise. Called the front desk and was given another room. This one had new carpet. We took our two small pups with us and went to dinner. Came back, walked dogs and settled in for night. We were in bed and got a knock on the door. Young woman, with very poor people skills, my opinion, rudely told us to pack she was moving us. When I asked where, I was told back to the disgusting room they tried giving us initially. I told her that room was so dirty I could not walk on the floors. " then leave" was the response . The issue was the new carpet. I told we did not need new carpet, surely there was a room with older carpet that would be useable. The attitude I experienced was hostile and demanding. She called her manager and told him I was arguing with her. My husband, a 75 year old retired AF colonel tried talking with the GM on the phone. It did not go well with both becoming upset. We were told to leave. " you have ten minutes or you will be escorted out with a badge". I tried to explain we had to get dressed and gather our things. " You have ten minutes". Both my husband and I have hip replacements, and other health issues. It was very difficult, but we managed to escape the police escort. Front desk clerk was very nice and gave us a list of hotels. Who throws two senior citizens out at 8:45 pm? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason. I respect their wishes to take care of their carpet, however, the degree of disrespect was inexcusable.
We found a nicer, larger room at Holiday Inn, with amenities, truly pet friendly, and with AAA discount, the same price.

Stayed April 2015
Washington, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

Stayed here on 27 Dec 2015. This Quality Inn is old, tired & well worn, but fairly clean. Desk Clerk was cordial & the place was quiet. However, would not stay here again unless there were no other options in the Santa Maria area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

The carpet was so badly stained I did not want to walk on it barefoot. There was an artificial smell in the room - as if they were trying to cover up (hide) another smell. The combined smells made it difficult to sleep. When we moved into the room we noticed the fridge still contained food from a prior occupant. One of the light bulbs was burned out - housekeeping required two visits to replace the burned out bulb. The curtain liner was in shreds - held together by tape. The wallpaper was falling off the wall. The staff was helpful and apologetic but the problems were out of their control. Certain rooms should be withheld from service until they meet minimum standards of cleanliness and maintenance.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

The inn offers an upgrade to a "sweet" for a higher rate than a "standard" room, but the "sweet" is nothing more than a small room divider with an extra TV and a sofa. This is most deceptive., Based on this and other problems, such as hot water problems, I would avoid this inn.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

They would not allow me to write a review on their website. This place is dirty, smelly and the front desk staff is very confrontational. The furniture is antiquated with torn draperies held together by tape, as well as; cigarette burns on the bed spread. Forget about using the pool or spa. These amenities were filled with trash and the water was the color of 2% milk. The complimentary breakfast consisted of cold cereal, minimum fruit, coffee, milk and diluted juice. My suggestion would be to just drive past this trashy dump; because once you book it, they refuse to give a refund. It appears their reviews are either self generated from the franchisee or they use a paid writer The best thing about the hotel is The International House of Pancakes next door. Quality Inn should be ashamed to have their name being associated with a dump like this. Here are some pictures to prove what I'm saying http://www.evernote.com/l/AGhD8LuCBdVJIaE53UAQbvjZj-3MAo1p3eM/

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!