“Humiliating Experience- Keep Looking” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Santa Maria
Grapevine, Texas
“Humiliating Experience- Keep Looking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Made reservation for pet friendly room previous night. Room we were given on arrival had ripped window covering, gaping hole. (No exaggeration here folks). Carpet covered with dozens of pet stains, some small, some very large. In my opinion it was not suitable for habitation, human or otherwise. Called the front desk and was given another room. This one had new carpet. We took our two small pups with us and went to dinner. Came back, walked dogs and settled in for night. We were in bed and got a knock on the door. Young woman, with very poor people skills, my opinion, rudely told us to pack she was moving us. When I asked where, I was told back to the disgusting room they tried giving us initially. I told her that room was so dirty I could not walk on the floors. " then leave" was the response . The issue was the new carpet. I told we did not need new carpet, surely there was a room with older carpet that would be useable. The attitude I experienced was hostile and demanding. She called her manager and told him I was arguing with her. My husband, a 75 year old retired AF colonel tried talking with the GM on the phone. It did not go well with both becoming upset. We were told to leave. " you have ten minutes or you will be escorted out with a badge". I tried to explain we had to get dressed and gather our things. " You have ten minutes". Both my husband and I have hip replacements, and other health issues. It was very difficult, but we managed to escape the police escort. Front desk clerk was very nice and gave us a list of hotels. Who throws two senior citizens out at 8:45 pm? I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason. I respect their wishes to take care of their carpet, however, the degree of disrespect was inexcusable.
We found a nicer, larger room at Holiday Inn, with amenities, truly pet friendly, and with AAA discount, the same price.

Stayed April 2015

Solo
Washington, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here on 27 Dec 2015. This Quality Inn is old, tired & well worn, but fairly clean. Desk Clerk was cordial & the place was quiet. However, would not stay here again unless there were no other options in the Santa Maria area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The carpet was so badly stained I did not want to walk on it barefoot. There was an artificial smell in the room - as if they were trying to cover up (hide) another smell. The combined smells made it difficult to sleep. When we moved into the room we noticed the fridge still contained food from a prior occupant. One of the light bulbs was burned out - housekeeping required two visits to replace the burned out bulb. The curtain liner was in shreds - held together by tape. The wallpaper was falling off the wall. The staff was helpful and apologetic but the problems were out of their control. Certain rooms should be withheld from service until they meet minimum standards of cleanliness and maintenance.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

The inn offers an upgrade to a "sweet" for a higher rate than a "standard" room, but the "sweet" is nothing more than a small room divider with an extra TV and a sofa. This is most deceptive., Based on this and other problems, such as hot water problems, I would avoid this inn.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

They would not allow me to write a review on their website. This place is dirty, smelly and the front desk staff is very confrontational. The furniture is antiquated with torn draperies held together by tape, as well as; cigarette burns on the bed spread. Forget about using the pool or spa. These amenities were filled with trash and the water was the color of 2% milk. The complimentary breakfast consisted of cold cereal, minimum fruit, coffee, milk and diluted juice. My suggestion would be to just drive past this trashy dump; because once you book it, they refuse to give a refund. It appears their reviews are either self generated from the franchisee or they use a paid writer The best thing about the hotel is The International House of Pancakes next door. Quality Inn should be ashamed to have their name being associated with a dump like this. Here are some pictures to prove what I'm saying http://www.evernote.com/l/AGhD8LuCBdVJIaE53UAQbvjZj-3MAo1p3eM/

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

Room is average sized, but the room amenities are good (microwave, fridge, etc.). The AC unit gives off an unpleasant offer, but you get used to it. The staircase also smells, but it smells of carpet powder, so that's not too bad. The walls are paper thin; the couple next door were chatting, not shouting, and I could hear them clearly.

The breakfast buffet is better than I expected, with a waffle iron, sausages, yogurt, etc. You only get two bath towels, and they're a bit small. Pillows are kind of small as well. The TV is old if that matters. Another plus is that, if you like IHOP, it's right next to one.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

We stayed here as a stop on a California road trip. This is a decent hotel that's clean, quiet and has all the basic amenities you'd expect. It includes a laundry room which was a lifesaver for us. There's an iHop next door, but our stay here included a continental breakfast. It's also close to the freeway and quite reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!